Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:00:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fitting 40 DCNF 12 Carbs?  (Read 2393 times)
Betared

« on: January 26, 2018, 08:38:12 PM »

When I first sourced my Beta 2000 carb more years ago than I care to remember it came with a pair of 40DCNF-12 carbs and inlet manifold as spares. The seller said he had modified the head to take them but it's so long ago I can't remember what he said he'd done. That engine unfortunately blew up and the car has a standard engine now.Does anyone have an opinion on fitting these carbs to a standard engine? If yes any ideas on jetting etc?
David. 
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 01:52:16 PM »

Can't imagine what he modified unless he meant he ported the head (?), I can't see why they wouldn't fit the existing engine although I haven't done it myself. Probably best to rebuild the carbs it's not a difficult job to do, if you look around you'll find info on the web, I don't know about jetting hopefully it's already correct but people do the strangest things so you never know. I think a lot of these carbs came off mg maestros
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 10:13:46 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 07:30:07 PM »

Just make sure the manifold is for an engine with a 20 degree tilt not upright like a Fiat 131. The jetting is published in Guy Croft's first book and Alan is right about rebuilding them before using them. Also get the best linkage you can to ensure they can be balanced.

Enjoy

Eric 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: