Lancia Beta Forum
June 24, 2018, 12:17:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2018 Calendar of Events: http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=86.0

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Donations Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement fuel tank filler hose for Coupe  (Read 1375 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 11:41:25 PM »

A bit of Googling will bring up various anecdotal reports, here is one such

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/98338-rubber-fuel-pipe/

I have read ones where the modern fuel mix has rotted pipes out within 6 months.

All the best

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Saab 9-3 1.9Tid Cabrio
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 09:58:41 AM »

Hi

Also an interesting article published back in 2009 which I came across.

https://www.hagerty.com/Articles-Videos/Articles/2009/09/02/Safe-at-the-Pump

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Saab 9-3 1.9Tid Cabrio
squiglyzigly

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2018, 11:44:04 AM »

Re: fuel pipes. I recently discovered to my dismay that the alleged high quality silicon fuel lines, are in my opinion ‘not fit for purpose ‘. I found out the hard way when recently finishing the  restoration on my Beta coupe. I replaced every fuel line and hose on the car using original spec cotton braided hose in some places and silicon in others. The smell of fuel was overwhelming. After trial and error I discovered that Silicon hoses ‘breath’ regardless of the superior quality claims made by manufacturers and sellers. It was truly unbearable.
All silicon now replaced with quality gates fuel hoses and problem solved.

The other thing I noticed with your chassis rail problem is the lack of spacers between the fuel tank and the chassis. I’m pretty sure when I dropped my tank last year there where large thick spacers between the tank and the chassis. I think they are aimed at spreading the weight of the tank against a larger surface area on the chassis rail to prevent the problem you’ve just had of pulling the studs out of the chassis rail.
The spacers on my car where something like 4mm thick 20mm in diameter. (I’ve not measured this, just from memory).  Without them I think the rubber foam seal around the sender is pushing the tank down even harder against the mounting studs. 

Has anyone else got these spacers fitted.

All the best
Ian

Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
Aprilia RSVR 2002
Aprilia Tuono R (130 rear wheel BHP)
Alfa 159 sportwagon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: