Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:04:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement disc set?  (Read 5458 times)
megaera

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: October 24, 2017, 10:08:34 AM »

I am trying to replace the front and rear discs on my VX.

However, I am having a serious amount of difficulty! Mark is currently out of stock. I did order a complete disc/pad set from EBC (via eBay) only to have my order cancelled. Apparently, there is no remaining stock and EBC “won’t make any further sets as there is no demand” Quote, unquote Embarrassed

Could anyone adivse me on alternative disc manufacturers and/or part number? Or any other suggestions?

All help gratefully received!
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »

Hi

Try a search on Brembo discs, there appear to be around, I bought some a while ago and appear to be good quality without being expensive.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
smithymc

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 06:25:24 PM »

Seconded. Have put Brembo rears on mine and they seem good.

Mark
Kevo

England England

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 07:27:36 PM »

However, I am having a serious amount of difficulty! Mark is currently out of stock. I did order a complete disc/pad set from EBC (via eBay) only to have my order cancelled. Apparently, there is no remaining stock and EBC “won’t make any further sets as there is no demand” Quote,

However, I am having a serious amount of difficulty! Mark is currently out of stock. I did order a complete disc/pad set from EBC (via eBay) only to have my order cancelled. Apparently, there is no remaining stock and EBC “won’t make any further sets as there is no demand” Quote, unquote Embarrassed

Could anyone adivse me on alternative disc manufacturers and/or part number? Or any other suggestions?

unquote Embarrassed

Hi you could try these http://www.venommotorsport.com/car/lancia-beta/brake-discs/
I have never used this company but worth a look.

1979 Beta Coupe 1600
1972 Triumph TR6 Pi
2005 BMW Z4 Roadster
megaera

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 08:23:25 PM »

Thanks for all the replies.

Regarding the Brembos - that was my first choice. There appeared to be a good selection of sellers.....until I actually bought some.

To date, I have bought, had my order cancelled and my money refunded from AP Motorstore, Oracle Motors and ANA Car Parts UK.
I have tried Euro Carparts, Mister Auto etc etc.
Walkers Garage, Richard Thorne and GMF Motor Factors. I am still awaiting a reply from Tanc Barratt.....

No-one can give me any idea as to if, let alone when, any further stock may arrive - from any manufacturer....Brembo, Ferodo etc

Regarding the Venom discs (thanks for that) they don’t appear to have the wheel locating “lip”.

I did wonder if I this is strictly necessary and asked Mark W. Apparently it is......so I have held off buying any. Has anyone here tried them?

Again - thanks for the answers....appreciated.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 11:21:08 PM »

Try the overseas suppliers such as emporio ricambi or bielstein.
As regards the venom discs they look like generic pictures and I suspect they will use more mass produced blanks to machine so I wouldn't be surprised if they can't supply, have you asked?
I suspect all these wear and tear parts for betas are going to get really difficult soon, it happened with Fulvia/Flavia years back and took a while for some to fill the gap. I'm glad I bought a cheap set of discs years ago when the opportunity arose.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:33:05 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
megaera

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »

So...I’m still on about the rear brake discs Wink

Has anyone any info on the discs in the photo? They cross reference the original Lancia OEM number.....

* 2F189D58-02D7-4226-B360-DA4C9DF2C16B.jpeg (254.45 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 529 times.)
john930

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 07:04:00 PM »

I got discs and pads from Tarox for my spider. 
megaera

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »

I got discs and pads from Tarox for my spider. 

Thanks for the tip. I shall check out their site or give them a call

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: