Lancia Beta Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:29:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: VXs in Auto Italia  (Read 12389 times)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: September 09, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »

Perhaps I missed this but who's are the two VXs in Auto Italia at the moment. Both Northern Ireland I gather.
Phbetavx

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 08:02:31 PM »

They are indeed in Northern Ireland, UK. Both where restored from a shell up wards and via the help of Betaboyz and friends in Italy feature as many new parts as obtainable over a 2 year period. The money spent was crazy but the goal was to make as new or where possible better. Every nut and bolt are marine grade stainless steel and as many original OE parts used, the suspension bushes took 3 months to find!
Later in the year Autoitalia plan to do an article on a RHD 1977 Gamma Berlina which is new / unreg plus a 99' Kappa Coupe 20V Turbo. I hope the two VX's featured by Autoitalia will help the values and desirability of this wonderful car, as is the whole Beta range. Patrick
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:42:00 PM »

I take it they're the ones you mentioned a couple of years ago then? Two very handsome cars now.

NB On stainless bolts, marine grade is usually taken to be 316 or A4. Standard A4-70 bolts are not suitable for high tensile applications while A4-80 is pretty hard to get hold of - please be careful. Oh and if you found M14 A4 bolts for the subframe you did well!

Are you planning to bring either to England ? I suspect John could find you a space at the NEC if not this year then next!
Phbetavx

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »

Thanks for the reply and advice - much appreciated. I would be delighted to bring one to the NEC if it helped the club plus it would be nice to meet other Beta owners. It's rather lonely over here in Northern Ireland, not aware of any other Betas in the country. I have worked in the Marine industry for 20 years so fortunately I have a brilliant supplier of Stainless fasteners and fixings. Regarding the subframe bolts and suspension they were newly sourced but high tensel steel with copper grease in the treads to prevent rusting and the heads covered in anti stone chip, then Dynax. My reference to Stainless Marine grade refers to the fasteners, fixings, screws, bolts, hose clips so apologies if the reference in the previous email wasn't clear enough. Your advice is gratefully received.

The cars were mentioned a couple of years ago but the Red one appeared locally as well. The Silver one was in good general condition, the Greg one turned out to be completely rotten (the joys of ebay) but the third red one was really good. I have a really good 2.0 VX engine including the super charger being rebuilt from the bottom up - if you know anyone is looking for one let me know.

Mark at Betaboyz as you can guess was brilliant!

As an aside Pilkington Glass Classic division made me two brand new screens in the correct bronze tint. It took 10 weeks but the quality was great.

Best wishes,

Patrick
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »

Hi Patrick,

Good to hear you have restored a couple of great cars! Are you looking to sell the VX engine complete? I would be interested in the inlet manifold and blower if ever you wanted to sell it,

Thanks Ian
Phbetavx

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 10:40:18 AM »

Dear Ian,

Would prefer to sell the engine complete, it was stripped down completely, pistons, liners etc all as new etc and rebuilt with the correct head gaskets etc. I do have a spare inlet manifold but not a supercharger - sorry.

Cheers,

Patrick
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 10:56:34 AM »

Dear Ian,

Would prefer to sell the engine complete, it was stripped down completely, pistons, liners etc all as new etc and rebuilt with the correct head gaskets etc. I do have a spare inlet manifold but not a supercharger - sorry.

Cheers,

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply, you are probably right to keep the whole engine together. I'll let you know if I need an inlet manifold,

Thanks

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
megaera

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 12:00:20 AM »

Are both the VXs for sale now with Hollybrook Sports Cars?

I saw the advert on Pistonheads........but I’m not 100% sure, as the silver one seems very similar to a car Hollybook were selling a few months ago, at an advertised price of £23,000 Huh?
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 02:05:38 PM »

I saw the advert on Pistonheads........but I’m not 100% sure, as the silver one seems very similar to a car Hollybook were selling a few months ago, at an advertised price of £23,000 Huh?

To me it seems a lot of effort to go to to then sell them.
megaera

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 04:23:47 PM »

To me it seems a lot of effort to go to to then sell them.

Especially as it is probably unlikely that the sale price would be greater than the restoration costs.........?
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 05:11:07 PM »

I do find it odd that given the  documented attention to detail that the silver car doesn't have black sills.
The steering wheel on the red one looks odd I'm guessing it was an available accessory when new as I've seen one before on eBay.
Phbetavx

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 09:36:39 PM »

Good evening fellow Beta VX owners and I have only had time to catch up on the discussion / chat on my two restored VX's. I am more than happy to answer the queries raised:-

1) Silver car - sill colour - only reason for keeping in body colour is it shows clearly the joints and that it's all metal at the bottom. For the owner that wishes for it to be painted in black this can be done. Often a load of black paint / stone chip / waxyol on the sills is just there to hide horrors.

2) Red Steering Wheel - this is a standard wheel which has been restitched in new leather, it is slightly thicker and softer to the feel. There is a similar one available for the Silver car. The Centre was new old stock from Italy.

3) Prices - I find it strange to have values queried by fellow Beta owners in terms of thinking they are over priced? Why would those that appreciate the car so much think last year the Silver one was over priced? Have you seen the Price of GTV 6's recently and having restored a couple of these and owned 7 in my humble opinion the Beta is in a completely different class of car. I was offered £22,000 for it at the time but when it came to it I couldn't let it go. Both have been fully documented / photographed and all parts have the invoices.

I hope for all Beta owners they sell for an extremely positive price as then it might motivate more to restore them as the cost doesn't mean it isn't worth it. I am sure you saw recently a Peugeot 205 GTi sell for £39,000.

4) Why Sell.

Simply I have too many classics and am just starting a third VX and an 1976 Alfa Spider, so I have four classics for sale, I need two away. I will hopefully keep one of the VX's if one sells, there is an unreg / new Fiat Coupe and an Alfa F12 Van. My expectation is the F12 and Fiat Coupe will sell quickly due to the level of enquiries in the first 24 hours.

You might think my endeavours are in vain to prompt Betas and get their values up where their contemporaries are today but that's just me.

Please feel free to ask any more questions.

Very Best wishes,

Patrick

rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 09:41:27 PM »

The steering wheel centre has me curious! It's obviously OE but I've never come across that style on any other coupe/hpe.
Phbetavx

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 09:46:23 PM »

It was bought in its original lancia packaging from a Spanish Lancia Dealer from the 1960's to the 1990's and today is just a service agent. If you want more pictures I will send them. The Centre hole and horn push etc is all standard fit.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »

It was bought in its original lancia packaging from a Spanish Lancia Dealer from the 1960's to the 1990's and today is just a service agent. If you want more pictures I will send them. The Centre hole and horn push etc is all standard fit.

Is it possible it was made for the seat beta coupé?
Phbetavx

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 09:51:41 PM »

Can't confirm definitely either way other than the packaging, part number and labelling was all in Italian.
megaera

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 09:16:07 AM »

I, for one, feel the prices of Lancias in general and the Beta Volumex in particular, have been far lower than they should be, when compared to certain other cars from the same era.

It is a very welcome sign if values are finally on the increase - this is long overdue.

The two cars in question are both stunning. Take no notice of pedantic pickers such as myself and Alan (sorry Alan!). We obviously don’t get out enough Wink

They are a tremendous labour of love and deserve to reach whatever asking price you have in mind - I sincerely hope they do! It will only bode well for other VX owners Smiley

So.....you have a 3rd VX......do you breed VXs in Northern Ireland Shocked
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:03:01 PM by megaera » Logged
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 09:44:35 AM »

Grin If I ever finish mine it will be easy to pick on as I'm not doing perfect or original.
megaera

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 01:09:09 PM »

Grin If I ever finish mine it will be easy to pick on as I'm not doing perfect or original.

As another VX saved and on the road.......it will be perfect Grin
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 06:36:40 PM »

As another VX saved and on the road.......it will be perfect Grin

It will definitely not be perfect for a start my recaros have leather backs where someone in the past nicked the fabric to repair the bolsters........
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: