Lancia Beta Forum
September 21, 2017, 08:26:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2017 Events Calendar
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=85.0

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Donations Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VXs in Auto Italia  (Read 204 times)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: September 09, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »

Perhaps I missed this but who's are the two VXs in Auto Italia at the moment. Both Northern Ireland I gather.
Phbetavx

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 08:02:31 PM »

They are indeed in Northern Ireland, UK. Both where restored from a shell up wards and via the help of Betaboyz and friends in Italy feature as many new parts as obtainable over a 2 year period. The money spent was crazy but the goal was to make as new or where possible better. Every nut and bolt are marine grade stainless steel and as many original OE parts used, the suspension bushes took 3 months to find!
Later in the year Autoitalia plan to do an article on a RHD 1977 Gamma Berlina which is new / unreg plus a 99' Kappa Coupe 20V Turbo. I hope the two VX's featured by Autoitalia will help the values and desirability of this wonderful car, as is the whole Beta range. Patrick
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:42:00 PM »

I take it they're the ones you mentioned a couple of years ago then? Two very handsome cars now.

NB On stainless bolts, marine grade is usually taken to be 316 or A4. Standard A4-70 bolts are not suitable for high tensile applications while A4-80 is pretty hard to get hold of - please be careful. Oh and if you found M14 A4 bolts for the subframe you did well!

Are you planning to bring either to England ? I suspect John could find you a space at the NEC if not this year then next!
Phbetavx

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »

Thanks for the reply and advice - much appreciated. I would be delighted to bring one to the NEC if it helped the club plus it would be nice to meet other Beta owners. It's rather lonely over here in Northern Ireland, not aware of any other Betas in the country. I have worked in the Marine industry for 20 years so fortunately I have a brilliant supplier of Stainless fasteners and fixings. Regarding the subframe bolts and suspension they were newly sourced but high tensel steel with copper grease in the treads to prevent rusting and the heads covered in anti stone chip, then Dynax. My reference to Stainless Marine grade refers to the fasteners, fixings, screws, bolts, hose clips so apologies if the reference in the previous email wasn't clear enough. Your advice is gratefully received.

The cars were mentioned a couple of years ago but the Red one appeared locally as well. The Silver one was in good general condition, the Greg one turned out to be completely rotten (the joys of ebay) but the third red one was really good. I have a really good 2.0 VX engine including the super charger being rebuilt from the bottom up - if you know anyone is looking for one let me know.

Mark at Betaboyz as you can guess was brilliant!

As an aside Pilkington Glass Classic division made me two brand new screens in the correct bronze tint. It took 10 weeks but the quality was great.

Best wishes,

Patrick
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »

Hi Patrick,

Good to hear you have restored a couple of great cars! Are you looking to sell the VX engine complete? I would be interested in the inlet manifold and blower if ever you wanted to sell it,

Thanks Ian
Phbetavx

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 10:40:18 AM »

Dear Ian,

Would prefer to sell the engine complete, it was stripped down completely, pistons, liners etc all as new etc and rebuilt with the correct head gaskets etc. I do have a spare inlet manifold but not a supercharger - sorry.

Cheers,

Patrick
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 10:56:34 AM »

Dear Ian,

Would prefer to sell the engine complete, it was stripped down completely, pistons, liners etc all as new etc and rebuilt with the correct head gaskets etc. I do have a spare inlet manifold but not a supercharger - sorry.

Cheers,

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply, you are probably right to keep the whole engine together. I'll let you know if I need an inlet manifold,

Thanks

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: