Lancia Beta Forum
August 17, 2017, 12:45:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2017 Events Calendar
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=85.0

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Donations Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tool loans  (Read 133 times)
jreacock

England England

« on: August 07, 2017, 09:52:18 PM »

Hi. Just wanted to offer up my shim removal tool in case anyone else needs one. It took me a while to find, and then had to get it from Germany (and then slightly modify it). It worked fine for holding the buckets down allowing the shims to be removed with the cam shafts etc. in place. So - if anyone needs one - let me know. I'm sure that most of us have bought a few special tools for working on the Beta - so I was wondering whether it would be worth people listing out anything a bit different - like this shim tool that I had to get. Even if it is just to detail where it was bought from, as it can take ages to hunt these things down. For me - I'd be happy to post this off as long as it was returned in the same condition.

I found it on this site: https://shop.schiminsky.de/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3_45&products_id=2391

* shim-tool.jpg (51.7 KB, 512x343 - viewed 71 times.)

Lancia Delta 1500 (deceased)
Lancia Delta HF turbo carb (deceased)
Lancia Delta HF turbo ie (deceased)
81 Lancia Beta Spyder 2.0 Finished - Yay
72 Lancia Fulvia 1.6HF
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 10:22:39 PM »

Hi

The LMC have a number of the special tools for the Beta, but worth considering if you need anything. I do not have a list, but happy to ask if anyone needs anything specific, though would be worth joining of course......

Peter
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:15:25 AM by peteracs » Logged

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Saab 9-3 1.9Tid Cabrio
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 10:28:40 PM »

I've not seen that site before looks interesting. I think you are extremely generous in offering to loan out your tool, I admire your enthusiasm however I would recommend you proceed with caution and only lend to those you know very well, I've lost quite a few items over the years 'lending' to tight fisted lancisti although I hasten to add no one that's on here as far as I know! I do have several of the special tool catalogues so I can post pictures of any special tool if that's of interest and I  do have a few special  tools that I can measure etc. If anyone is ambitious enough to try to make your own.
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 07:32:58 AM »

The problem with lending tools is that everyone knows where to go to borrow them but forget where to return them.
I've never lent a tool that I didn't have to ask for it back!
These shim tools are hard to find some as already stated,be careful!

Rust never sleeps
mangocrazy

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 11:49:09 PM »

That's a very generous offer, and one for which I applaud you! I've thought for a while that this is an item that we as a forum might look into having remanufactured. Can you tell me what modification you had to make to yours to get it to work as you wished? I'd be looking at getting the tool remanufactured in high quality steel (tool steel or even carbide).

1980 Lancia Beta Spider 2000 (S2FL)
2002 VW Transporter T4
2008 Aprilia SL1000 Falco
1992 Ducati 888 SP3
1988 Honda VFR750F
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 06:58:57 AM »

Hi

If it can be bought for 30 Euros, why go to the trouble of reinventing the wheel?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Saab 9-3 1.9Tid Cabrio
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: