Lancia Beta Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:20:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: window winder  (Read 1188 times)
Paulk

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: June 27, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »

I can't get my manual window winder out of the door. There seems to be a guide bracket near the door handle that it feeds through.
The bracket seems to be permanently fixed to the inner door skin.
The winder just clicks when there is too much force required to raise the glass. I have 'oiled the worm' (oooo Matron!) but I think some cog inside must be worn.

Can anyone help?

btw. Beta Coupe 2000 1981
smithymc

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:32:47 PM »

If you have the 2 bolts (posi-head)out by the handle, 2 more (hex head)on the glass carrier and , I think one more low down , the guide tube is clipped to to the inner skin and just clips out, just ease bravely and cautiously outwards.

Best of luck, I had the stripped gear issue too and even swapped and re-built it's still pretty poor. Not the Betas strong point.

Mark
Paulk

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 07:55:26 AM »

Thanks Mark, I will give it another try.
I have taken out the 5 screws / bolts and I have removed the guide tube at the bottom and the two bolts that connect plates at the bottom of the window.
So everything is completely free but there is a bracket attached to the inside of the skin that is too small to get the winder unit through and out pulling one way and the metal plate won't go through and out the other way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: