Lancia Beta Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:05:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Checking supercharger bearings!!  (Read 6180 times)
Whitbut

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: June 25, 2017, 07:09:09 PM »

Evening everyone

I've got a bit of a concern about my supercharger on my beta coupe volumex, turns out the pipe under the oil reservoir for the supercharger has been twisted! Not sure for how long but I have only done a couple of hundred miles (enough I'm sure) I believe some oil has been getting through, how much who knows but the charger isn't making loads of noise, I mean you can hear it turning just no knocks or nasty sounds.
Is there or does anyone know of a way to test or check the bearings to see if they are ok?

Thanks

Tom
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 08:00:11 PM »

There would probably still be oil in the front, the back bearings aren't supplied with oil they are just greased (which needs checking and repacking regularly). The most likely damage at the front if no oil would be the gears rather than the bearings however it sounds like you probably don't have an issue.
Whitbut

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 08:11:35 PM »

After reading another post I will be definitely repacking the end bearings! What is the best stuff to repack it with? Just normal bearing greece? Fingers crossed it is still OK!
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 08:17:51 PM »

I don't remember tbh but I'm fairly sure it's not normal grease I seem to recall it's red in colour. It's fairly easy to remove the back covers and the blower casing leaving the rotors still connected to the front section should you wish to replace the rear bearings and seals and/or clean the interior. Removing the front sections of course not for the inexperienced, (such as me I left mine well alone!) as the rotors go out of phase if removed from the front bearings/gears.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:25:04 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
Whitbut

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 08:40:22 PM »

Cheers for the response bud I'll have a look at the rear bearings!
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 08:45:33 PM »

If you just want to repack the grease you just need to remove the small pressed steel inspection plate that's all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: