Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:30:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Value  (Read 3149 times)
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: June 21, 2017, 11:01:53 PM »

Did anyone else notice that a pair of Volumex front seats went for over £400 on eBay. I had my eye on them but not for that price! Not so long ago you could buy a whole Beta for less than that, things are certainly on the up it seems. I do hope though that bargain parts that can still sometimes be found at the moment on eBay aren't about to run out.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:03:55 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
megaera

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:06:25 PM »

I see there were 4 separate bidders. I wonder if they were all Coupe VX owners, or whether some bidders just wanted the seats for another make/model of car?

I would have assumed the rears would be included for that amount, though! Yikes.

Still, rare as rocking horse poop.....and the seller knew that!

rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:14:25 PM »

at those prices I begin to wonder if I should just flog all the various parts of my resto project bit by bit, after all I'm never likely to ever finish it! To command that price I think they must be for a VX as recaros of similar design are usually much cheaper
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »

Hi

Here is a link to the seats, they do look well in the photo and as you say where else would you find any?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Beta-Coupe-Volumex-pair-of-front-Recaro-seats-/252986195000

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 08:10:04 PM »

These were not standard except in the uk, they were optional in Europe and very rarely specified. The fabric is afaik unique to the vx coupé so they are not much use for anything else, the fabric wears badly in areas that are rubbed frequently such as the side bolsters. I'm thankful that I have several metres of cloth in my spares stash for mine
RichB

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 09:07:11 PM »

They look amazing and if they have been professionally repaired, probably worth the money. One of the Fiat Coupe models has leather recaro seats and they go for £800 plus now.
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »

There was a short piece in Classic Car magazine ( July 17 ) about Beta prices and the fact that they are on the up on the continent with 5 figure sums becoming more usual.

Good general content too TR Italia, Integrale and Augusta all have decent features. Also an article about Louise Aitken-Walker and how she's the most successful British motorsport competitor ever. Given the number of WDC we have in Grand Prix and Rally I thought that a bit odd.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 04:02:04 PM »

There was a short piece in Classic Car magazine ( July 17 ) about Beta prices and the fact that they are on the up on the continent with 5 figure sums becoming more usual.

Good general content too TR Italia, Integrale and Augusta all have decent features. Also an article about Louise Aitken-Walker and how she's the most successful British motorsport competitor ever. Given the number of WDC we have in Grand Prix and Rally I thought that a bit odd.

Missed that one, 'tight knit community' does that mean we are all jumper wearing middle aged old ***** I wonder?
https://goo.gl/photos/yf7oHwHadbUAhJJu8
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:29:59 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
megaera

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 07:10:16 PM »

Missed that one, 'tight knit community' does that mean we are all jumper wearing middle aged old ***** I wonder?
https://goo.gl/photos/yf7oHwHadbUAhJJu8

Yes  Grin
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 10:10:03 PM »

Yes  Grin

Hopefully all growing old disgracefully!

Cheers for putting the link up Alan
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 12:14:28 PM »

Classic car weekly 7th June

https://goo.gl/photos/aZDbv8H9w7kwvK5d7
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: