Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:46:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bonnet re-fit  (Read 2085 times)
jreacock

England England

« on: June 17, 2017, 04:04:39 PM »

Hi. Does anyone have any advice regarding the re-fitting of the bonnet? It's been off for nearly 2 years, and I've had both of the catches off, cleaned them up and put them back loosely. The picture shows the mark left by the washer, so I guess I can probably work out how that pattern was generated. The levers now both work fine, and the cables seem to be tensioned ok - so that I can press a screwdriver into each catch - in place of the bonnet piece, and pulling the release lever fires the catches open. Is there a fool proof procedure for re-fitting? The problem that I can see here - is that if I get this wrong, I could be in the situation where I can't get the bonnet open again - and that really would be a bummer.

Thanks as always for any advice.

* catch.jpg (74.62 KB, 578x440 - viewed 422 times.)

69 Fulvia 1.6HF S1
71 Works Fulvia 1.6HF
75 Gp4 Stratos HF
81 Beta Spyder 2.0
82 037 Rally stradale
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »

Hi

If you are worried, leave the plastic vent louvre off the bonnet so you can gain access to the spring catches?

Interesting to see the changed design from the earlier cars, somewhat simpler design on yours, though how do you adjust the cable length? On the earlier one it has a clamp bolt on each so easily adjusted.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 05:50:34 PM »

You can fit the catches slightly high to start with if you are unsure of the fit, then lower them down once you are happy all is working.
jreacock

England England

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »

Thanks - both good suggestions. I think mine also has the cable clamps.
I put the levers inside back to their closed position, and just clamped the cables where they were with no slack or tension. They seem to be working fine. I've just put a bit of heat shrink over the frayed ends to tidy them up - and to stop them jabbing me every time I fiddled.
The catches cleaned up to look like new, which was one bonus of having so much oily grime inside the bay.

69 Fulvia 1.6HF S1
71 Works Fulvia 1.6HF
75 Gp4 Stratos HF
81 Beta Spyder 2.0
82 037 Rally stradale
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: