Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:47:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing heater hoses on F/L spyder. How difficult?  (Read 1411 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: May 09, 2017, 08:02:55 PM »

I'm working in fits and starts on recommissioning my 1979 F/L spyder and whilst changing the water pump I noticed the hoses for the automatic choke and heater have become soft and swollen.
Changing the one for the choke was not an issue but how much work is there in changing the heater hose/s?
When I've got the car running properly I intend to sell it as a restoration project as it needs extensive bodywork but it's not a basket case by any standard and I'd like the new owner to be able to concentrate on the body and not be looking at having to do everything.
The interior is in very good condition with no tears or split seams on the seats which seems unusual for this age of spyder and the trim is complete, again not always the case.

Anyway, I need to replace the hoses without needing surgery or therapy afterwards so all advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Frank.

Rust never sleeps
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 09:35:30 PM »

It's not too bad. A bit of grovelling under the dash to fit them onto the control valve (easier with the instrument panel out or possibly glove box on LHD)  and that's about it.
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 07:36:17 AM »

It's not too bad. A bit of grovelling under the dash to fit them onto the control valve (easier with the instrument panel out or possibly glove box on LHD)  and that's about it.

I'm not above a bit of grovelling when it's a means to an end Grin
Thanks kindly Stuart

Rust never sleeps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: