Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:24:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin 36 DCNF or 40 DCNF (or DCOE)  (Read 4432 times)
Robert

Netherlands Netherlands

« on: May 04, 2017, 12:10:41 AM »

I'm busy with upgrading from a 1.6 to a 2L engine. Somebody is sorting out the a 2L engine for me and it should go in soon.
However I got recently offered a Mangolesti manifold for DCNF carbs. Thinking of installing this with the 2L engine, although the original plan was DCOE. Anybody experience with this?
Should I go for the 40 DCNF or would the 36 also work?
Is there a big performance difference between the 40 and the 36?
Is there a big performance difference between the 40 DCNF and the 40 DCOE?

Thank you in advance

Robert
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 08:42:54 AM »

Hi Robert

I have plenty of experience having built and run multiple engines and used DCNF and DCOE. You need 45 DCOE or Dellorto DHLA for best performance on 44 DCNF for the best blend on performance and drivability. You could fit 40DCNF for a mild upgrade but they are too small really and would tend to running rich at anything above standard cams. I ran a Beta Spyder with a Guy Croft 185BHP engine on twin 45 DCOEs.

Eric
Robert

Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 11:27:42 AM »

So a dcnf carb is a good way to go if you want performance and drivability, correct?
I want to have a fast car not a track car, so dcnf should work. I want to leave the standard cams and get approx 150 BHP out of the engine eventually. Will I get there with 40's or do I need to go to 44's already? I'm affraid that with just 44's and no other upgrades yet, the car will be difficult to run.

Robert
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 02:28:45 PM »

Hi Robert

If you can find 44s or even 42s in good condition fit them. They can be jetted to suit your standard engine and you cannot make the 40 DCNFs bigger. However you can buy 40 DCNFs brand new in perfect condition and that can be a lot easier than overhauling 44 DCNFs

Eric
Robert

Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 03:59:35 PM »

Hi Eric, will 36 DCNF work on a 1.6 car? Reason asking the 36 DCNF were offered to me cheap. So maybe I can use them on the 1.6 engine for a while?
What will be the power increase?

Robert
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 07:56:23 AM »

Hi Robert maybe 135BHP with 140 to 145 on twin 40s 145 to 155 on DCOE/DHLA 45s (standard engine in good condition). You do get much better throttle response and stronger torque lower down and of course use more fuel.

Eric
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: