Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:25:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HPE added to the fleet  (Read 2416 times)
simplydelboy

« on: April 22, 2017, 12:42:57 PM »

Several HPEs came up on eBay recently. One of them looked a peach, big money but seemed worth the trip to Bradford. So i took the plunge and motored the 150 miles to take a look. One of the big selling points for me was the power steering, as my old arthritic hands are struggling to turn the Coupe tight into my garage. Anyway, despite selling an equally good one years ago for peanuts (non power steering though), I negotiated what I think is an ok deal and bought it. Had it trailered home even though it had a new MOT as it hasn't really turned a wheel in the last owner's time. Glad I did because I took it to my local petrol station when it was delivered but couldn't open the fuel cap! Anyway a couple of hours fiddling and I've got it off unmanaged thank god. Turns out the car was owned by Jon Pickett and was on the club stand at the Classic Car Show at the NEC in 2015, so great news. If Jon is on the forum, or anybody knows him, it would be great to get in touch to see if he has any further info. I have quite a few invoices in the history file, but nothing about cambelts being changed. Pictures to follow. The bloody car got wet as I went out for an hour and the dry forecast turned out wrong!! So forgive the wet car in the pics. I'm not adding them to the post as I had no end of trouble with file sizes so I'll do it separately.

1977 Beta Spyder 2000
1983 Beta HPE 2000ie

Previously. Beta Sedan, Spiders, HPEs, Fulvias, Gammas, Flavias, Thema 832
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 05:22:09 PM »

Hi

That car was a very nice example and worth paying good money for, so suggest a good buy.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
RichB

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 07:05:30 PM »

Hi there
I've been looking for a good Beta Coupe, so if anyone knows of any good cars please let me know. Bodywork is the main issue as opposed to spec and colour. Thanks Rich
simplydelboy

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:36:04 PM »

Hi Rich, I've sent you a PM.

1977 Beta Spyder 2000
1983 Beta HPE 2000ie

Previously. Beta Sedan, Spiders, HPEs, Fulvias, Gammas, Flavias, Thema 832
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: