Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sidedraft manifold  (Read 3325 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: November 01, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »

Does anyone out there have a twin weber/dellorto sidedraft manifold for sale or know where to get one? I know Guy Croft makes one however I cannot really afford this.
Maybe some fellow aussies can help me out with a local manufacturer??
Thanks.
Jeremy.

----------------------------------

Yeah thanks for your reply 'forzalancia'. I'm not sure what bbb's on about though.
Anyway are you talking about converting a downdraft manifold to a sidedraft? I'm actually fitting twin dellorto dhla 45's. Can you help me out with this? And does the manifold have to be modified further with a ported head? Where are you?
Thanks.
Jeremy.

----------------------------------

Jeremy,

I got one for my 48 webers but its pretty dodgy (its a modified Lynx manifold fron another - unknown - application).

I'm considering getting a new one so mine might be on the market.

However, for a new one in Oz I can thik of two guys you might try:

Phil Buggee - Bits of Italy in Melbourne or
Ross Smith - Fiatorque in Sydney.

I've had heaps to do with Phil and would recommend him highly.  I havent had much to do with Ross so cant really comment on him.

------------------------------------------------

thanks redbetaracer,
actually i just contacted bits if italy about one and he seems pretty good i bought a gearbox from him. although he may be expensive.
and with regard to fiatorque i have also contacted him however he only has 124 manifolds.
thanks again.
jeremy.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi Archy333,

The GuyCroft Manifold isn't that expensive @ 160p ~$420.00AUD + Shipping.

Just make sure that if you are buying a manifold that it is made in a cast, otherwise you could have more troubles that you bargain for.

"At the end of the day it is better to pay a little more now than more later on!"

rgds, SportyBeta

--------------------------------------------

thanks sportybeta,
it looks like i may have to spend that sought of money. i take it he does a 45? and is a port job an issue? ie. does the manifold need to be modified slightly?
jeremy.

Hi Jeremy,

It would be best for you to direct all your questions directly to Guy, I have found he responds to emails promply.

rgds, SportyBeta

Hi archy333,
i had twin 40 dollotros on a guy croft manifold, only prob was that they didnt do much imporvement on the standard 34 due to the fact you should raise the compression, and use a motor with high lift cams, if you can locate a lancia 1800 this would be perfect for it. I am located in Australia, S.A, i have exams at the moment but in the next few weeks i will be trying this conversion of the fiat twin downdraft manifold, which requires a plate to be made up to either bolt between the manifold and head or the manifold and carbies to make sure they sit flat no to disrupt the floats. Other potential problem is bonnet clearence, but i have heard that you can actually change the engine mounts slightly, well enough to sit the engine so that the carbies sit flat . Thats is one of my projects, i also have a 1800 with a custom supercharger setup i made for it, requires a better clutch, stats are 45 weber threw 4agze supercharger runing 10:1 compression plus i am going to need a new copper head gasket. Soon i will also be doing a turbo mod to my other beta coupe puting lancia injection on and a Garret t4 turbo, front mount intercooler and bov. If you are in adelaide ill give you a hand and show you the real potential of the lancia twin cam motor power wise, it unbelieveable the power output with one of these mods.

FORZALANCIA

sorry i didnt finish off the part about the power inprovment with the 40's over the 34, the prob was that they werent jetted to my car they cam straight off a 2L alfetta and so didnt run too well, but the guy croft manifold was excelent! I should never have sold mine!

Hi Arch333,

If I can find my engineers documents the specs are for a mild/wild Ritmo 130TC cam setup.

Even though I only have a single twin weber downdraft, they make a huge difference to the torque range.  Oh yeah, and I am runnint 9.6:1 compression.

Let me know if you would like me email them to you.

regards, SportyBeta

------------------------------------

the engine i'm getting already has high lift cams i just don't know what profile yet, so this information may be of no use yet. thanks anyway.
jeremy.

Omicron Sent: 18/06/2004 08:14
We've got Spesso Beta gaskets in stock, both normal, and competition versions.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: