Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:57:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A "How To" or Procedures section  (Read 4469 times)
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« on: June 01, 2009, 04:43:46 PM »

This may have been available on the old site but I think maybe there is enough of us here to make things slightly easier for all of us, but am keen to get others input.

There are a number of tasks that people often ask about on the forum "How do I do ........?"  I myself have asked so know that there is probably sufficient call for it and it would stop repetative posts etc.  W ecan point people at the how to docs and then assist if they get stuck or have more specific questions.

Basic carb setup / Jet cleaning  ( Patent Pending for Hutch  Grin Wink )

Rear brake pad fitting / setup.

Sunroof removal / refitting.

Manual window winder / worm drive overhaul

Seat runner overhaul.

I'm about to embark on bonnet release cable replacement - which I'm sure there are some handy tips out there

Do people think this would be a good idea?
What other Beta jobs would you think would be good to document?

I've done this kind of thing for Hawk Stratos 5 stud hub and alfa Brake conversions in the past, I'm not offering to do them all - but if your doing a particular job anyway - why not take pics along the way and maybe help a fellow Beta fan out?

After all the Haynes "Book of Lies" can often be a bit vague/totally wrong/ not cover your model etc etc. 

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:23:04 PM »

Sounds like a great idea to me  Smiley
I'll be up for posting up some info. as and when i do work to the car, however easy or complex it turns out to be. When i get some free time and finally finish off some Uni coursework i'm having to do, i was going to start a blog of jobs i've done since i first bought the car till now, and into the future, but don't know the capabilities of the forum, will it be ok to have endless pics. on a post Huh?
Would be good to have some step by steps, one that sticks in my mind, is oil pressure sender replacement. Hell of a hassle for an IE owner, but what i've seen of the Carb models, looks like there's a lot more room to work from.

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
hutch6610

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:02:54 AM »

Your suggestion is a very good idea and i suppose should live in the "technical section".
Basic carb setup / Jet cleaning  ( Patent Pending for Hutch   Grin Wink )
Must confess i thought that was quite funny - you get good at it when you have owned Afasuds and VX's.

There was a sunroof removal/fitting guide in photos from the old forum - not sure it still exists?

Timing belt is a good one to include (with the usual "i accept no responsibility for ....")
Perhaps even setting up the injection system on IE models.

You have both pretty much got most of the important subjects, some cross reference compatibility of parts from other cars would also be a good idea.

will it be ok to have endless pics. on a post Huh
If i could only get photos onto the posts!  the biggest problem i have had is uploading photos, no matter how i re-size them i get the same old "photo is too large" or whatever the phrase is - gave up a long time ago.
Closest i have got is loading the IE Wiring schematic.

Is it anything to do with using Firefox web browser? it cannot be the linux distribution i use as i had no problem with photos before.
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:14:22 AM »

hi chaps

sounds like a good idea, I started adding to the articles section http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=articles;cat=1 not sure if this is the best place for it ?
we could add it to "keeping your Beta on the road section" ?

I made sure I copied all the usefull old MSN material, a lot is hiden in the old archive topics but can be searched,

Iv'e also taken a series of photos for changing the front wheel bearing, will put it together soon.

other jobs:

-replacing poly bushes, stupidly I changed mine 5 years ago and did not take any photos
-dash board removal
-fitting of rear seat belts Coupe/Spider and HPE

just a few repeated question Iv'e been asked over the years,

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:20:28 AM »

As it happens I'm doing the front wishbone bushes on mine this weekend. I'll take a some pics to get the ball rolling
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:41:33 PM »

Cool - we can get the ball rolling - I know Tony is far more "au fait" with what was ported over from the old MSN site - so with a bit of tweaking I'm sure we'll have everything covered.

Hutch - are you re-sizing by percentage of original size or by pixels?  Can you send me a picture that you have tried to upload as a test?

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
hutch6610

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »

Matt i have tried both - percentage and max pixel size - it tells you what the max limit is.
I tried one smaller than the Audi photos and still got the same! 
Will try again tonight after work and send you an example to see how you get on.

Still searching for your glass by the way - thought i would let you know .... God i hope it has not been broken!
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 10:39:32 PM »

Quite a biggy but clutch replacement would be a good one as well, not necessarily a guide bolt by bolt, but the rough guidelines and tips, i guess the haynes will have covered it reasonably well.   

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 10:57:28 AM »

Hutch,  The people who sent me the green tint are allegedly sending me a clear one - but not heard from then in a few days.

Have also had another forum member contact me saying that he definately has one - so they are now like busses !

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
hutch6610

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 09:51:45 PM »

Alright no problem, if you still need it let me know.
Now i am going to attempt to upload an image - 800x600 ....  i hope.

HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »

As it happens I'm doing the front wishbone bushes on mine this weekend. I'll take a some pics to get the ball rolling

On second thought perhaps not this weekend - it looks a bit damp out there...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: