Lancia Beta Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:08:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Glass - I really just don't believe all this hassle !  (Read 4438 times)
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« on: May 29, 2009, 10:21:46 AM »

Once again my Beta restoration has hit a problem.

While refitting all the side glass I discover that the front N/S quarter light where the wing mirror passes through is tinted green (Climaglass) where as every other bit of glass has no tinting at all - its perfectly clear.

Do you think I can find a replacement CLEAR quarter light with holes for wing mirror?  No - Just spent £25 on CLEAR glass version which arrived today with a GREEN tint. Angry Angry Angry

So, do I continue heameroaghing money and convert the whole damn car to green tint, which also means removing the door cards again Angry  Something that I'm trying to keep to a minimum).  Or do I waste more time waiting for a clear glass to become available?

I'm getting the impression my car must be one of about 3 on the planet that has clear glass.

If anyone else has clear glass fitted to their Coupe or Spider then could they tell me all the part number etc printed on the glass - it must have the holes for wing mirror!
It'll have SicurSiv and the Euro E and Kite Marks etc - I'd like all number/details please. 
If it wasn't curved then I'd just have it made!  But of course being curved sends the cost of having it made up up and away!

Not a very happy Matt today

BTW - Bronze tints have Bronzo written on the glass and green tints have Climaglass (just in case your wondering)  
Clear glass was never offered in USA by Lancia
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:51:16 AM by MattNoVAT » Logged

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 11:20:50 AM »

I guess the second part to this is thus:

On cars that have green tinted glass what about the rear screen?  Is that tinted also or is it clear.

I have a brand new front screen with sun-strip which will be fitted no matter what, but the rear screen I have is clear and I'd want the rear to be tinted if I am forced to change the rest of the side glass to tinted.

So again anyone out there with a Coupe with green tints can they confirm?

Much appreciated

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
hutch6610

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »

Personally i thought every Beta up to X reg had clear glass, then after that you get the tints?
I admit i have a door from a W reg HPE that appears to have tint though.

Do you think I can find a replacement CLEAR quarter light with holes for wing mirror?  No - Just spent £25 on CLEAR glass version which arrived today with a GREEN tint. Angry Angry Angry
Think you mean a door mirror.

You want a clear quarter light with the hole?
Just ask, i have several - just have to dig them out as they are buried at the back of the lockup.... going to take some time though.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 03:34:03 PM »

Hutch - yes door mirror (wing mirror) all the same thing to me. (I know it's all about where its mounted - not wishing to split hairs)  Cheesy

I have tried to find a clear glass for n/s - have asked on here - see Parts wanted!

If you have one then yes, i'd be keen to buy it as i really, really dont want to have to swap the whole car over to green tint.

It's just been a royal P.I.T.A. thus far as the car is waiting to go to the screen fitters and i'd like this sorted one way or the other before it goes.

So far all i have found is green tints all in UK or bronze ones (from a VX) in Germany.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
hutch6610

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »

OK the search begins.
I didn't look in the "parts wanted" section here.
The quarter lights are not sided? surely they are all flat ........anyway will find out soon.

Get back to you when i find them.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 07:05:58 PM »

Hutch,

No the quarters are sided because they are not flat.  Lay one flat on a kitchen worktop and you'll see how convex/concave they are.

If they were flat then it would be easier to have one made but soon as you introduce the curve into the equation the costs goes up to silly money.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
hutch6610

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 11:31:41 PM »

Right no problem, the search begins ... near side - yes?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: