Lancia Beta Forum
April 24, 2017, 08:00:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Betameeta 2017: http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3421.0

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Donations Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Volumex rotor gear torque settings. Help please  (Read 521 times)
squiglyzigly

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: December 19, 2016, 12:14:51 AM »

Can anyone help me with the torque settings for the two 30mm nuts that secure the gears to the rotors in a standard VX unit. The last one I rebuilt was some 15-20 years ago and I cant remember what the torque value is or where I have put the information.
I remember the belt drive pulley is 88 ft/lbs but not the main gear syncronising nuts.

(my 1st post on the forum so I hope its in the right place).

Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
Aprilia RSVR 2002
Aprilia Tuono R (130 rear wheel BHP)
Alfa 159 sportwagon
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 12:29:52 AM »

interesting question unfortunately I don't know the answer, I'm curious as to how you are setting the rotors back in phase? I don't think Fiat published this info as I suspect they expected dealers to send the unit back to Abarth for overhaul, if I find time though I'll check my info tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:39:57 AM by rossocorsa » Logged
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 09:12:50 AM »

It just says send back to abarth for overhaul, you'd probably be best to ask Guy Croft, it might be in his book I suppose(??)
squiglyzigly

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 05:22:09 AM »

Setting the rotors back in phase is not as difficult as some might make out. I made a jig some years back which I seem to have mis-placed for the moment. I'll make another if I can't find it. It's simply a 10mm piece of ally plate with 'T' shaped cutout machined to the width of the rotors. Then you drop rotors assembled with the end case (containing the bearings, gears etc) into the plate and torque away. If necessary you position some feeler gauges strategically between a rotor and the plate too get the desired minor positional adjustment if it's not spot on. You have to then drop the assembled rotor gear assembly into the case and build up with the greased end bearing assembly and check the rotor to rotor clearance finally once inside the main body.  If it's not perfect, then disassemble and repeat. It's no biggie and worth the effort if you like to put your own stamp on the job.

Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
Aprilia RSVR 2002
Aprilia Tuono R (130 rear wheel BHP)
Alfa 159 sportwagon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: