Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:08:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving to Australia  (Read 2443 times)
lukasdeopalenica

Australia Australia

« on: October 17, 2016, 08:46:41 AM »

The topic is mainly directed to Australians, however any sugestions are more than welcome Folks Smiley
Life can be really surprising and it is very likely that me and my wife will move to Australia (Victoria) at the begining of next year. Obviously I will miss my lovely toys so much... But we are allowed to take a car and a motorcycle with us, as the company is providing and paying for a container and etc. The question is is it worth it? Since my beta is LHD, and is registered and insured in Poland. It will be much easier for sure in the case of the bike, but the formal procedures should be the same. Do you know the revelant procedures? It would not be intended for a particular period but rather not forever.
Anyway I do not want to divorce from my HPE...

Lancia Beta HPE 2000i.e. '82 rosso corsa
SAAB 900i 16V Aero, '93 solid black
Subaru Outback 3.0R
Honda CB125 K6 '76 electric blue
Specialized Epic & Stumpjumper
dommorello

Australia Australia

Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 10:15:18 AM »

Will be happy to assist you and link you with Victorian lancia club. Getting lhd car registered in Victoria on club (restricted) registration is not too difficult once you get a road worthy certificate

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
lbcoupe76

Australia Australia

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 07:06:15 AM »

So you'll be a mexican  Grin, coming from north of the border i can't help with Vic reg issues but anything you need to know just ask and there's at least a few Australian's here will be able to help. You've got two already Cheesy. Start taking Aspirin shortly before you leave to come over, you'll be leaving freezing cold and getting here for summer heat and aspirin thins the blood helps you feel cooler as you acclimatise.

1976 Beta coupe 1800 "Kermette"
1975 Beta coupe 1800 x 2
1974 Beta Berlina 1800
1989 Thema i.e turbo
1988 Thema i.e turbo
Fiat 1500

Smoke me a Kipper i'll be back for breakfast
lukasdeopalenica

Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 08:04:43 AM »

Thanks Mates. So maybe the Oz Beta Squad will grow  Cool
My HPE is like new, so apart from headlamps that need to be changed, it should get the RWC Smiley
I wish it had an AC...
I think it is much worse to go from hot to cold than counterwise. However when I was in Australia last time (also in Victoria) in January this year it was for the first time when I was really cold there and get wet (I have been to Oz couple of times)...the weather was not much different to the one in Europe at that time Wink

Subaru Outback 3.0R
angelom

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 05:10:34 AM »

Hi Luke.  Actually I would probably store your Lancia in Poland as driving a LHD car in Australia is not very desirable and probably dangerous.  and being LHD there is no market here for it if you decide to sell later.  You would be better off finding a Beta in Australia and the people in the ALR club are very helpful and accommodating.  The good news is that there are alot of beta owners in Australia and probably the most concentrated amount is in Victoria.  The last run I did had 8 x Beta's and 2 x Montecarlo's and a few others.  And spare parts and good mechanics can be found and recommended. I dont know what the cost of Beta's are in Poland, but think you can get a good example in Australia too with a bit of patience.   What ever you decide, there is a network of people to help for sure.

* beta line.jpg (469.36 KB, 1200x800 - viewed 310 times.)
lukasdeopalenica

Australia Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 10:30:01 AM »

First, I did not expect that there are so many betas Downunder even I spent there some time in the past. That is awsome Smiley
Second, I am not moving permanently (rather Wink) and my beta in particular is more than a car is like my daughter. I rebuilt it to the nut spending an enormous amount of time with...so it is rather emotional relationship.
As I am addicted to cars and rather an oldschool car guy I will need to find something from the correct period when I am already in Oz. If it is beta it would be just great Smiley
Thanks for your reply.

Subaru Outback 3.0R
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: