Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:38:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice needed on Spider seats  (Read 4091 times)
3cojones

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lancia Beta Spider 1981

« on: March 15, 2016, 03:03:08 AM »

Hi All,

I have recently bought some secondhand Beta Spider seats and have a couple of queries about them (I am reposting this with a pic this time) :

1. Are the rear seat bases on the Spider (2000 F/L model) meant to have one or two locating lugs, or pins - each of mine have just one lug on the bottom of each base, although on one of them it's very weak, barely hanging on, so cannot be used.

2. On the fronts seats how do I replace the front bolt which holds the runner to the actual seat frame - on one of the seats one runner is loose as the bolt has previously been removed and I cannot access it as the runner itself blocks it and there is no access hole at the front of the runner (the rear bolt on the other hand is easily accessible as there is an access hole in the runner). There was advise previously posted stating that the end of the runner had to be removed but I cannot see how this can be done.   I have attached a pic which explains things better.

Any help with these queries would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Chris

* phpBvkhy4PM.jpg (58.03 KB, 672x380 - viewed 545 times.)
Hawk

England England

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:55:38 PM »

Can't remember about the back seats and how many lugs there are but I wouldn't worry too much - they are not going anywhere.

Re the seat runners, these can be taken to pieces.  Very often they can become jammed - either the rubber wheels lock up the runners or the the runners corrode or have too much grease jammed in - but you should be able to knock them completely off with a hammer and a block of wood.   
3cojones

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lancia Beta Spider 1981

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 02:24:44 AM »

Hi Hawk,

Thanks for your tip.  I've been working away all week (hence the late reply).  I tried to separate the runners from the seat frame yesterday - won't budge even with the old FBH and wooden block method !  Fortunately both runners are sliding freely but I just can't manage to bend the end stop, it's really difficult to budge.  You're right about the amount of grease in there - so packed and hardened too. 
Do you know if the end stop can be removed a different way, or is bending it the only way I'm going to slide the runners off enough to get to the front bolts ?

Cheers, Chris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: