Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:54:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhaust down pipe clamp  (Read 9502 times)
jreacock

England England

« on: April 17, 2017, 09:00:13 PM »

Went to fit the exhaust at the weekend, but I must have a piece of the down pipe bracket missing. I have the 2 pieces that clamp around the pair of pipes as they come down from the manifold, and then a plate that screws to it - which goes towards the sump area. It looks like I'm missing a piece that must be a 90 degree bracket to attach the horizontal orientated bracket so that a stud coming from the bottom of the engine (also horizontal) can join the two together. I can't find a pic in the Haynes, and unfortunately, it's yet another picture that I didn't take during disassembly (18 months ago).

Has anyone got a picture of this bracket to engine interface that they can share?

Thanks,
Justin.

69 Fulvia 1.6HF S1
71 Works Fulvia 1.6HF
75 Gp4 Stratos HF
81 Beta Spyder 2.0
82 037 Rally stradale
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:35:33 PM »

No clear pics of it I'm afraid but there is indeed a pretty substantial T shaped bracket that mounts to the suds on the rear of the block. It's got a slot in it that the exhaust bracket slides into.
jreacock

England England

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 12:05:47 AM »

Hi Stuart. I found a pic from a year or so ago (pre-renovation) that partially shows the bracket. I must have it somewhere I guess - but at least I kind of know what I'm looking for now.

Does anyone have a spare if it comes to it?

Thanks.

* bracket.jpg (65.51 KB, 596x433 - viewed 511 times.)

69 Fulvia 1.6HF S1
71 Works Fulvia 1.6HF
75 Gp4 Stratos HF
81 Beta Spyder 2.0
82 037 Rally stradale
jreacock

England England

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 12:18:03 AM »

I have found this bracket now. It was where it exactly should have been all along - in the box of dwindling parts to be refitted - which I've looked at many times. In my defence, it was in an oily bag labelled 'exhaust bracket' - which fooled me into thinking it was one of the hangers at the back end of the exhaust, so I didn't pay it much attention. Panic over.

69 Fulvia 1.6HF S1
71 Works Fulvia 1.6HF
75 Gp4 Stratos HF
81 Beta Spyder 2.0
82 037 Rally stradale
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: