Lancia Beta Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:20:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forum & Lancia's  (Read 9716 times)
Hawk

England England

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 10:33:41 AM »

I don't think that is the same guy but $380 delivered is fairly sensible.

Personally I'd like to see a few more close up pics as it looks to have a popper at the edge? 
hmj

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 11:45:38 AM »

Personally I'd like to see a few more close up pics as it looks to have a popper at the edge?  

They don't call you Hawk for nothing eagle eyed more like? I never noticed that !! But now I have it is in the same place as the roof fitted to my Spyder, wonder if it is indeed the same replacement? I was sifting though the boot earlier as there were a pile of various spares and wanted to see what? I come across what looks like being a cover possibly for the roof when its down, it also has popper type clips; I will try it when i have a moment to play? If it turns out to be the same I will obviously save myself some dosh by leaving it.

'79 Lancia Beta Spyder MkII
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 01:33:22 PM »

They don't call you Hawk for nothing eagle eyed more like? I never noticed that !! But now I have it is in the same place as the roof fitted to my Spyder, wonder if it is indeed the same replacement? I was sifting though the boot earlier as there were a pile of various spares and wanted to see what? I come across what looks like being a cover possibly for the roof when its down, it also has popper type clips; I will try it when i have a moment to play? If it turns out to be the same I will obviously save myself some dosh by leaving it.

You should have a vinyl type cover for the roof when it is down as you surmised. I think the standard hood itself did not have the poppers (can anyone confirm this?), they were on the car purely for this cover (you should have a few more around the base of the hood for this cover as well).

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Hawk

England England

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 07:54:51 AM »

None of the hoods I have seen (3 plus the one I bought) had poppers.

Personally I've never used the tonneau cover
hmj

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 12:55:53 PM »

Took the plunge and imported the one from the ebay link. It arrived today and looks nicely made although as to fit time will tell. Cost £260 with taxes and Duty so not too bad. Although it says vinyl in description it is actually made of black canvas type material and looks very attractive. Were the original ones canvas as the one currently fitted is grained vinyl?

'79 Lancia Beta Spyder MkII
Hawk

England England

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 06:01:53 PM »

Originals were grained vinyl
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: