Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:55:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about the bush in the alternator tensioning bracket.  (Read 1667 times)
dougdee123

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: April 14, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »

My renewed interest in the alternator and the components that support it bring up a question that I have wondered about for a while.

The tensioning bracket is in two parts where one is secured to the forward cambox and the other pivots on a bolt and bush and links to the top bolt of the alternator.

I have had to replace the bush on several occasions over the years with an improvised substitute. I have also had to replace the part of the tensioning bracket that goes to the alternator. I had to do this because there was an erosion of the hole. It looked like there was spark erosion and the hole was massively enlarged to the point where failure was imminent.

I think the alternator was probably dying over the last few years and I wonder if the current was flowing through this linkage to earth and sparking away the metal. There were earths fitted to the old alternator but maybe they are inadequate.

Has anybody else seen this effect?

Doug
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 07:03:04 AM »

This is a new one on me!?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: