Lancia Beta Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:32:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Coupe Group 3 & 4 rally cars  (Read 2594 times)
Dexter

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: March 16, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »

Afternoon fellow Beta pilots, does any body have any additional information on the Group 3/4 homologation for coupes? The homologation information I received a few months ago is splendid but is for AC bodied cars. So I wondered if there is any info regarding BC bodied cars. I assume the later cars competed internationally in the later half of the seventies (even with no works support?) but there appears to be little or no information available. Even the thoroughly enjoyable article in Auto Italia from 2002 on the Lampinen Group 4 Marlboro liveried car is sketchy on the technical details of the suspension and brakes used in period. It also doesn't clarify why it uses 130 PCD 4 spoke TechnoMagnesio rims from a Fulvia! I suspect it was to cut down on the roomv needed for the service parts in the trucks, but, I'm guessing. Does anyone have a set of the TechnoMagnesio rims kicking about? LOL. Anyway, any additional information would be appreciated. Regards     

It's a world Beta............
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:05:10 PM »

Hi

From what I have read in various books, only the Series 1 Beta Coupes were homologated with either the 1800 8V or 16V engines, after the couple of seasons the factory retired them and like the Stratos later, folk just ran with the homologation until it ran out. I do not profess to have any great deal of knowledge on the subject, but presumably the factory is responsible for the homologation applications and they would have had no reason to homologate the s2 as the Stratos was flying high at the time and had all the budget.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Dexter

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »

Thanks for your perspective Peter. I wholeheartedly agree with your reply, as disappointing as the realisation is from a competition preparation perspective. I noticed a thread elsewhere on the forum where Jason Kennedy raised the similar issues while preparing his circuit racing Beta. I was reading his excellent piece in Viva Lancia, I may well drop him a line and compare notes...... 

It's a world Beta............
Robert

Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 12:25:12 PM »

Hi, were can I find the specifications of group 3 rally car?
If somebody has them can you share them with me?
I have 1974 beta coupe, that I want to convert into a proper group 3 rally car.

regards, Robert
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: