Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:03:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New memeber  (Read 2674 times)
bassfx

South Africa South Africa

« on: December 11, 2015, 06:52:55 AM »

Hi all

I'm so glad there's a forum with all information on betas that I can check out! Hope to learn a lot and have fun restoring my Beta.

I was a Ford ST owner and due to financial situations I have had to sell everything I own to pay the tax man ( long story )
Anyway I was planing on getting a car later next year but I remembered that my wife inherited a Lancia Beta Coupe 2L from her uncle, I had it stored at my grandmothers house for about 3 years as it was something that needed some TLC, I was going to sell it to make some extra cash but I thought let me try using it, I might have a car I can use daily... so I dusted it off bought a new battery drove it very slowly to my house, I then serviced it, put in some good oils for engine (10w40)and transmission (75w90) and its working very well ( for an old car )

Now I'm addicted to getting it working better.
Engine is good but transmission is a bit noisy, have a gear whine like the reverse gear, I guess it might need a new box. Sad
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 07:58:20 AM »

I'd change the cambelt too.
smithymc

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:28:12 AM »

Could the gearbox noise be gear oil type? They are fussy I understand due to brass internal components , leading me to track down the Fiat oil.

Good luck with it.

Mark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: