Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:13:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting Beta ie to Modern Injection System - Stealth Fit!  (Read 33728 times)
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 02:05:01 PM »

Great to see this car back on the road reliably and a way forward for IE owners as they aging dated FI increasingly fails.

Eric
LanciaNut69

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 08:23:26 AM »

Hi Peter,

It's a good idea, but not really practical as I usually travel in a Monte and whilst there is a fair amount of space, lugging an engine around would severley limit the fun factor of driving! ;o)  The other really is that it's designed to look standard so there isn't really much to see.  The advantage is that if in future, you want to upgrade to throttle bodies, you can do so very easily and just have the car remapped.

I'm happy to chat to anyone about the conversion and hope that Darren B will be out and about with the car so it can be seen in person.

I'd like to do another one, but a non-stealth version, keeping the plenum setup so the engine bay wiring can be cleaned up and will be interesting to see how performance would be improved with more efficient induction.  Anyone interested?

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
LanciaNut69

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 08:24:28 AM »

Thanks Eric,

Much appreciated!

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: