Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:36:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: steering wheel boss  (Read 3362 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: November 01, 2008, 05:08:58 PM »

Hi chaps,   wonder if anyone can help.

Does any other car share the same steering column mount ( where the boss connects to the steering column).     The problem is I have found a lovely steering wheel which I would like to keep,   but am having great difficulty finding a boss to fit the beta.

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd doubt it, I am sure that omicron will be able to help or many suppliers on the continent

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello.

We have bosses for the Beta in stock.    they take all wheels which uses the Momo fitment, and there is another set of mounting points for (I think) Nardi and other Italian wheels.    What make is the wheel you've found?    If of Italian origin, our boss will most likely fit.

Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do hope so !   The wheel is a Lancia/Fiat abarth wheel pic attached.   It uses a rather bizarre 3 bolt arrangement ( seems to be called 'atiwe' ?)   I would be reasonable sure the mount point on steering column would not be exclusively beta,   surely something in the Fiat range share the same mount.   From an economy point,   no wonder Lancia are in financial trouble !

Pic sent directly to omicron as got a message failure due to size.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the reason the beta is different is that it is a sort of cross over car a mix of lancia and fiat thinking, later on things are more standardised between fiat and lancia

......at least I think so , have a loomk at their website www.atiwe.co.uk

Our boss has 2 sets of mouting holes - 6 points equally spaced on a 70mm
diameter and 6 points spaced equally on a 74mm diameter.

It may be that some of these points will suit.

Andrew(omicron)

Cheers for your help Alan,   have tried all these places and even using translated version have been unable to locate one,   I'm reasonably sure one does exist as its a genuine Fiat Lancia accessory.   Just damn hard to find !

Michael

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: