Lancia Beta Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:15:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie saying hello  (Read 5228 times)
Openside

Wales Wales

« on: August 26, 2015, 10:53:31 PM »

Hi Guys,

looks like a great forum and I have a feeling i will need a lot of help and advice. Just bought a 1982 2000ie for a bit of nostalgia as my first car, at 18, was a 1977 Beta Coupe.  I look forward to many a happy hour skinning my knuckles Shocked keeping her on the road.

Cheers

Lance
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:30:48 PM »

Hi Lance

Welcome, probably the best place on the web (English language based anyway) for help on Betas both technical and for parts sources.

As always photos are always appreciated and curious to know where you bought it from?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 06:56:14 AM »

Yes, was it one of the red ones on ebay recently? (Scotland/Norfolk?)
Hawk

England England

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 08:55:33 AM »

It was (the red one with a VX grill) - he's posted on the for sale section as well Wink

Welcome btw
Openside

Wales Wales

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »

Yes guys its the one all the way from Bonnie Scotland... really excited to get my hands dirty again, and the shopping list is growing but im not sure how much i can achieve (financially and abilitywise).  Job number one is to sort out the screaming fuel pump and kangaroo performance  Huh? but three days this weekend will help  Smiley

Cheers
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 12:49:05 PM »

Yes guys its the one all the way from Bonnie Scotland... really excited to get my hands dirty again, and the shopping list is growing but im not sure how much i can achieve (financially and abilitywise).  Job number one is to sort out the screaming fuel pump and kangaroo performance  Huh? but three days this weekend will help  Smiley

Cheers

3 days, screaming fuel pump, kangarooing and an IE, may not be long enough! Starting with crud in the tank and then onto IE system where there are a few folk who have had real issues getting it running sweetly recently.

Best of luck and hope the solution is as simple as replacing the pump!

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
megaera

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 08:36:52 AM »

Hi there

A long haul all the way from Wales to Scotland!! Where abouts in Wales are you? I am down south in Carmarthenshire.....

Hope you sort the pump etc out......looks like a nice Beta!!
Openside

Wales Wales

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 06:40:45 PM »

I'm up in North Wales near Chester.  Fuelling issue is definitely due to air getting in the fuel line from the tank  Sad.   Hooked up feed pipe to the pump into separate petrol can and it ran fine so just need to work out how sir is getting in  Huh?
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 11:06:32 PM »

Sounds like an easy fix (hopefully). I guess first port of call is to replace any flexible pipe?

There have been a number of posts on various forums about modern petrol degrading certain flexible pipes even after a short period leading to leaks. If not in in a flexible pipe, then maybe a fractured connection?

It would be good to know what you find.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: