Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:58:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Experience of Garages in Cornwall?  (Read 5032 times)
slowe

« on: August 16, 2015, 09:51:55 PM »

Hello,

Is there anyone out there with any experience of garages / restoration businesses in Cornwall. I'm aiming to get a few bodywork issues sorted out on a Beta Spider that I unintentionally acquired!

I know it's a long shot as I don't think there are many / any other Beta fans down here.

Thanks
Simon
unclejam

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 10:53:21 AM »

Hi Simon,  I appreciate that it has been several years since you posted this question!
I am in Exeter and there are a few other Lancia owners in the Devon area whom I know.  The only garage within striking distance of me that I would recommend are Auto Capozzoli in Ilchester - old school Italian family with a lot of experience.
I also have a Beta Spyder 2000 (1980)
Cheers Chris

1980 Lancia Beta Spyder 2000
Various Alfas
Ducati Monster 1200s
flex

England England

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 10:24:03 PM »

As far as bodywork goes, I had some good work done on my MX5 sill by a chap, who I forget the name of, at Brooklands garage in Truro, but he had moved to work at TMS garage in Threemilestone when I happened to spot him last year. Old School hammer and a bit of wood rather than resorting to repair panels, I think he was only doing a few days a week nearing retirement. I have heard good things about Spraytech in Penryn, but my experience with them is limited to a small MOT patch on my Alfa and seeing lots of nice cars in there... Maybe worth a visit and a chat with places and just seeing how enthusiastic they are? I expect the mention of a Lancia Beta will instill either fear or intrigue.

Good luck anyway, and hopefully I spot a Beta around (The IE is hibernating, but may come out before its tax exempt next year)

Felix
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 10:30:34 PM by flex » Logged

So many cars, so little time.
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 09:42:59 AM »

[ (The IE is hibernating, but may come out before its tax exempt next year)

Felix
[/quote]

Have you checked the VIN? I'm getting a lot of 83 registered Betas that were built in 82. I quoted the last 82 VIN in my post on the subject if you want to check.
slowe

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 08:24:56 PM »

Thanks Chris and Felix. All car work stalled due to house renovation(s) but hopefully getting back to it soon! I like the sound of the chap at TMS. Very local. Will make some enquiries.

In regards tax exemption; Many years ago I was insuring my 1984 ie through Scorpion Reproductions and the lady there (Mrs Pastor?) suggested my car had been built in 81 or 82 and more than likely been sitting on an airfield somewhere. May explain some of the rust Peter has come across!!! Definitely worth checking Felix.
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 08:17:22 AM »

I looked up my own post back in April  a VIN ending with less than 940788 is currently eligible for Historic Tax classification.
flex

England England

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 08:25:23 PM »

I looked up my own post back in April  a VIN ending with less than 940788 is currently eligible for Historic Tax classification.

I have had a look, and it appears it was an 82 build. I looked back to your thread: neither of us (Father's car) are members of LMC (probably not since the early 2000s), so I feel it would be cheeky to take advantage.

So many cars, so little time.
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 08:22:14 AM »

I have had a look, and it appears it was an 82 build. I looked back to your thread: neither of us (Father's car) are members of LMC (probably not since the early 2000s), so I feel it would be cheeky to take advantage.

No worries, It's a members only service anyway. Economically it's worth joining though; £55 v £300.......
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: