Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:58:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta coupe volumex back on the road!  (Read 14195 times)
Whitbut

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 06:35:47 PM »

No unfortunately it only seems to die when you have been driving and unsure where it will brake down! But I will try and check that next time I try it. On another note which I will put another post up about as well the fuel hose from the tank to the pump, is there a replacement as it's got different diameters on each end I believe. Could be wrong though haha
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 09:06:23 PM »

This is where I get controversial. The VX uses a high pressure pump normally used for FI just like the Beta IE one and then has a lot of returns and valves to reduce fuel flow related to heat. I have successfully used a Facet Silver Top Competition pump and a Filter King blanking the return and removing the complex valves. The FI pumps are roller vane items that really hate dirt and of course there is no filter pre-pump as standard! So if you buy another FI spec pump I recommend a pre-pump filter. Try the Fuel Systems Enterprises website for fuel system parts.

Your problem could be the hot engine fuel flow control valve in the standard set up.

Good luck

Eric     
Whitbut

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2015, 10:50:27 AM »

It would be nice to get rid of all the gubbins that are there. I have just bought a new inline pump, not a oe one but a caltex one of the same spec. I still have the fine gauze filter in the tank so I'm not to worried about dirt getting into the pump. How important are the bimetallic switches? Can you not just remove them and let the electronic valve stay open on the bigger hole? I think I understand why it want to put less fuel through when it's hot but does it really matter?
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2015, 11:59:24 AM »

Hi

If the gauze in the tank is the same as for the earlier tanks, then I do not think that would be good enough really if you do have crud in the tank. The inline filters tend to to have a much finer filter.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
smithymc

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »

I agree with Peter, the small gauze on mine was doing nothing on my tank after 35 years.

Mark
Whitbut

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2015, 05:09:44 PM »

I think I will put another inline filter on it, better safe than sorry hey! The inside of the tank was really clean, I'm thinking it isn't the original one. I've just had her running, sat there for 15 20 minutes and was absolutely fine then sat it at 2000 to 2500 and again was fine, a few flutters but it definitely didn't stop as it has done before. The fan seems to be temperamental as it comes on at low temperatures as well as high. So it seems that it only wants to stop when actually driving.
Whitbut

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 04:31:58 PM »

Well it's not the fuel pump! Does the same thing runs for 5 minutes or so then dies, let it sit for a minute then it starts and runs for 5 minutes again etc etc. Undid the filer cap just to make sure it wasn't getting an air lock, that didn't make a difference. Going to have to start looking at electrical I think. Is the relay for the electronic valve on the driverside front wing? It could be that it is stuck so that it is only letting the fuel through the smaller hole?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: