Lancia Beta Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:00:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone recognise this  (Read 4523 times)
Funkmiester

« on: July 07, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »

So after much consideration and poking around I had decided my hammerite painted, sometimes Black Beta 2000ie coupe was too far gone. It has been off the road for 5 years outside. It still runs well. The inners, outers, floors, petrol tank, all the jacking points and both subframes were pretty much gone. It "could" be saved (anything "could" be saved) but it's too far gone for me and was already a patchwork quilt of pidgeon poo already before I got it. Then, of course this turned up on ebay. In dry storage at least a decade, turns out to be a 1978 series 2 2000 coupe with a roll cage and missing interior and engine/box. It has slicks and a bunch of trick bits on it. The bonnet and boot are Ali and the doors are OK. Remarkably the whole lower half of the car is almost factory fresh (with a couple of small patches required. It even has a decent fuel tank and GF wings. The roof and sunroof have taken a hammering at some point but that's OK I know where a good one is! Now this is a VERY distinctive paint job and I was wondering  if anyone remembers it, seeing it racing or hillclimbing. Anyone know the original Reg? My Black coupe is HKL242Y and the "new" shell soon to be resurrected is the light blue that many of the survivors are (I know my old 1600 coupe I had in the 1990's was the same colour, RNN887X RIP).
Both cars suffer around the sunroof. To be honest I never really use one and considering the reason the floors rusted out on the black coupe was the sunroof leaking/blocked drains has anyone welded theirs up? I'm very tempted to get rid or at least fit a modern glass one that is watertight.
Options are do a full rebuild on the racing one by just using the S3 as a donor or being very impatient, patching up the few small holes and sticking the engine/box/exhaust and drivers seat out of the S3 and putting an MOT on it......

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 05:49:32 PM by Funkmiester » Logged

83 2000 ie coupe,
78 2000 S2 coupe,
Audi S8, Merc R320
Former-1982 1600 Coupe, 74 124 Sport coupe, 77 128 3P, 84 Alfa Sprint coupe, 94 164 2.0, 01 166 3.0V6
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 05:10:48 PM »

Hi

Can you try reloading the photos as they do not appear to be showing ok?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Hawk

England England

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:27:12 AM »

I can see then OK - don't recognise the car though
Funkmiester

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »

The lovey DVLA have sent through the details, a 3 owner car last changed hands in 1985 reg number BLH 889 S.  So not a shell destined for the crusher at some point in it's life woo hoo! Interior and wiring have been carefully stripped and i have about 200 photos but I'm sure it wont be enough. Engine crane bought from brilliant place, off on Holiday for 2 weeks so work will halt. I know this is an emotive subject but what colour? The original colour is baby blue which I don't really like (no offence I know many of the survivors are this colour) my everyday runner in the 90's was this colour so I want something new. It won't be a complete bare shell respray, just an exterior colour change. If a mint one makes £3K I can't justify a full blast and spray for one that will be a frankencoupe of Ser 1 and 2 F/L.
I quite like the late model petrol blue metallic or a modern equivalent. I also like cherry red but having the underbonnet in blue won't really work. I think metallic blue will go really nicely with the black leather interior I have for it. Anyone looking for a shell with a V5 when I am finished? It is rusty in places but good in other places...

83 2000 ie coupe,
78 2000 S2 coupe,
Audi S8, Merc R320
Former-1982 1600 Coupe, 74 124 Sport coupe, 77 128 3P, 84 Alfa Sprint coupe, 94 164 2.0, 01 166 3.0V6
Beta-Blocker

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 01:47:13 PM »

Hi, I see it has the Hi-Fi boot lid spoiler, does it have a front spoiler..? got any more pics of the car too as they don`t load properly....nice car though, be good to see it up and racing again......cheers..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: