Lancia Beta Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:23:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know this coupe for sale?  (Read 4191 times)
chrisc

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: May 31, 2015, 06:35:08 PM »

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C613319

I'm curious about this one as it contains many of the sympathetic upgrades that I would like to have on a beta, but before venturing cross country to have a gander I wondered if anyone on here knows the car and can offer an opinion on it?

Current:
S2FL Coupe 1600 (restoration project)

Former Lancias
HPE VX A52 VGK (parts donor)
C363 RPC (probably still sorned in cumbria with it's new owner)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:53:07 PM »

Hi Chris

Not aware of the car, but the if you are happy with non original car, then given all the mods and spares, looks like an interesting option. I do agree it has a number of desirable mods with a enumerated being fairly recent if the write up is to be believed.

Just wondered if the owner is on here?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 10:09:28 PM »

Difficult to say from pictures, the interior photo looks a bit down in the dumps but other than that the only oddity seems to be the colour as I was under the impression that all UK 2.0ie coupes were either racing red or black but as this is an early car (x reg) I suppose it's possible it was imported before a firm decision was made on colour options? If the refurbishing done is all up to standard and as described it could be a good buy as cheaper cars are often in need for very significant work and expense
betabuoy

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 10:48:05 PM »

Two months MOT left Shocked  I'm sure it'll be fine but for that price I'd expect 12 months.

1979 Beta Coupe S2FL (1st registered May 1983!)
1967 Morris Minor Traveller
1925 Austin 7 Chummy
chrisc

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 08:22:13 AM »

I'd agree the interior looks in need of work, although with VX cloth being nigh on impossible to find I can understand why that hasn't been sorted. The spares list looks to include door cards too so interesting that they haven't been fitted - but to my mind with all the other changes that have been made to the car it wouldn't be the end of the world to reupholster them in a non-original fabric.

The colour.. yes I can't say I've seen any other IEs in that colour and would rather it was in one of the other shades, but the primary concern as ever has to be rust so if its good on that front I can always consider a colour change in the future!

Good spot re: MOT

Current:

Former Lancias
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »

Has this car really been converted to manual steering from the better Power Steering system and had negative camber added which will defiantly improve handling AND make parking speeds hard work?? If this has been done it will be important to check you can live with it at parking speeds. I would also want a current MOT on a car to this spec. The other changes look very sensible and desirable and colour is a personal like/dislike thing. I would compression test the engine and check 2nd gear selection given the mileage.

Eric
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 08:06:34 PM »

Agree with Eric that the steering sounds a bit funny, I think it's a decent enough colour just unusual for a UK car
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 09:25:20 PM »

Interesting car but...

"ZF power steering rack (3.2 turns lock to lock) modified to manual steering, which is lower effort at low and parking speed than standard Beta due to 1.5 degree negative camber front suspension"

Not convinced by that one!

chrisc

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 10:04:31 PM »

Yes all very interesting! I once owned an alfasud sprint which had the combination of 195 tyres, a manual steering rack and a small steering wheel. I was aware it was a workout at low speeds but didn't realise how much until a friend who had never owned a car without power steering tried to move it and couldn't shift it!

I've dropped an email to the seller... that mileage is .. high, but the suspension work should have hopefully kept it fresh.. just hope the engines not been bored out a thousand times.

Current:

Former Lancias
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 11:40:28 PM »

If the engine has been rebuilt with os Pistons it should be ok I think it'll is doubtful that a twin cam can reach that mileage without a rebore but would love to be proved wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: