Lancia Beta Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:29:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dismantling HiFi coupe  (Read 1758 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: May 24, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »

Since this is a mixed sort of post, I'll start here and Admin., please feel free to move or delete as appropriate.
I'm currently dismantling a 1979 HiFi coupe with a very rotten shell and one of the things I'm attempting to remove is the bonnet release cable mechanism which is perfect.
Now, I have the catches removed, the cables disconnected both ends and the handles removed.
The thing is, I can't see how to get the cables through from the footwells without cutting one end or other off.
Admittedly, I'm half blind and the joy of working in the footwells isn't exactly my "thing", but is there a way as it would be foolish to start snipping if I'm missing the obvious?
The second part of this post is to say that if anyone needs anything from the car, please let me know as a lot of what's good, and there are a lot of good parts, will be available to whoever needs them at a cost more intended to cover my cost than to make money.
In the past the people on this site have been so generous and trusting when I've been in need of parts that I'd like to return the favour.
Bear in mind that shipping from Ireland can be a little costly with a 3Kg. package typically costing in the region of €27, but lighter things are significantly cheaper as they can be posted.
Anyway, I'm happy to get an exact shipping price on any item and you can decide for yourself after that.
Mostly, I'll be looking to part with any coupe-specific parts as I don't own a coupe.

The car has a manually-operated sliding steel sunroof which, while I haven't yet removed it, appears in good condition despite the surrounding roof being rotten and all the brightwork is pristine.
the interior is pretty much past it's use-by date except for the headlining which is probably only something you could collect in person

If you have any questions you can PM me or email me at athlone.electrical@gmail.com

Oh, and one final question:
Will the window regulators (manual) fit a facelift spider?

Rust never sleeps
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 08:33:47 AM »

1. The release cables should come out without any cutting. You'll need to remove the wheel arch liners first, and the rubber grommets in the foot wells and engine compartment.

2. The window regulators should fit any non-electric window car.

3. As per this thread, I'm after an intact driver’s door window trim.

http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2909.msg19354;topicseen#msg19354
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 08:48:58 AM »

1. The release cables should come out without any cutting. You'll need to remove the wheel arch liners first, and the rubber grommets in the foot wells and engine compartment.

http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2909.msg19354;topicseen#msg19354
Thanks Neil.
Re. the door trim/rubber seal:
I had that issue with my spider and I got them "spotted" back on by a talented local engineering shop via delicate use of a MIG welder.
Worked a treat and nothing damaged.
I'll check my stock of shiny bits today and get back to you.

Rust never sleeps
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 06:32:34 PM »

Thanks Neil.
Re. the door trim/rubber seal:
I had that issue with my spider and I got them "spotted" back on by a talented local engineering shop via delicate use of a MIG welder.
Worked a treat and nothing damaged.
I'll check my stock of shiny bits today and get back to you.

Yes, I've seen that done on here. As you say a really delicate job and I don't know anyone who's up to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: