Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:16:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Injectors not firing - why?  (Read 28346 times)
thecolonel
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 10:27:51 PM »

Keep the spares Darren, they may be useful later,
You're always welcome to a cuppa.

Geoff
LanciaNut69

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2015, 02:25:45 PM »

Thanks Darren for keeping faith with your Beta.

We have a plan for moving forward and it hopefully won't be too long now before you can actually get to enjoy driving her!

Geoff, thanks for that and will do.  I'll be in touch next time I'm in the area so you can get the kettle on!!

Cheers

Darren

as some would say hit it with hammer, well its my i.e darrens working on and i was close to giving up with it or smashing it , it was very fustrating never knowing if it would start or run reasonably smooth , its nice to keep original as we can but sometimes things have to change to get the enjoyment of driving back , darren has run through it with me and we decided that fitting a emerald ecu would be best option , excellent work darren , i,m fully positive i can soon get beta weaving round the countryside lanes and hopefully join up at shows or meets 

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
HF Stinger

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 06:07:17 AM »

Hey guys, did you get this sorted out?
LanciaNut69

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 02:53:46 PM »

Hi Sean,

Progress is still continuing, and I will give a full report when she's finally sorted.  A brief update was that everything was finished and ready to rock and roll.  After a few other jobs, Mot was passed too.  Unfortunately, whilst the engine sounds great and smooth, with no rattles - the rolling road proved too much and there was much smoke over 5000 rpm.  A replacement head gasket and overhaul did not cure the problem and a replacement engine has now been sourced and fitted.  This one with a slightly warmer cam and some head work.  She's now booked in for another session on the rolling road on Thursday, when I hope that all will be finished and I can release her back in to the arms of her very patient owner!!

Watch this space - update to follow shortly!

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: