Lancia Beta Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:51:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear strut rebuild options  (Read 2838 times)
monty400k

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: March 14, 2015, 07:16:21 PM »

Need new rear struts for my coupe as they are rusted beyond repair, took a chance on a second hand pair on ebay, figured they are in better condition than mine so if nothing else would allow me to rebuild them, they arrived complete with springs and top mounts etc however they are longer, so for a saloon I believe, and they have inserts rather than sealed dampers like mine. They are however identical from the bottom spring pan down so the plan is to cut them down to the same length as the coupe ones and buy inserts and weld on collars, this should work right, are these dampers particularly hard to come by, rather than butcher them should I sell them to someone who might need them and continue hunting for coupe ones?? Oh and any other coupes in the Glasgow area?
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:27:58 PM »

They can be cut down. Betaboyz Parts are just waiting for a delivery of Coupe inserts I think. Struts are getting very hard to get, so cutting them might be your only option.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 02:04:50 AM »

I think rear inserts are still easily available from a few manufacturers, it is the front which are difficult to find?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
monty400k

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 12:36:55 PM »

Thanks for the replies, will get the grinder out then!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: