Lancia Beta Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:56:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vital treatment for all Betas  (Read 2038 times)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: February 06, 2015, 07:41:15 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diesel-Particulate-Filter-DPF-Cleaner-Fuel-Additive-for-LANCIA-BETA-SER2-1980-/371252306550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56705ca276

Or perhaps not...

eBay is so clogged with this multi-listed rubbish it's getting difficult to use. Yesterday some muppet put up over five thousand listings for NGK plugs that fit Lancia Beta 'and other vehicles'. You'd almost think eBay cared for nothing other than their cut and not at all for the hapless private buyer or seller.

Rant over
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:13:23 PM »

oh for the days ten or so years ago when ebay was just full of eccentric collectors and they only took a fair cut of the proceeds, it is still the essential source of weird and wonderful parts though
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 11:46:00 PM »

Hi All

I blow hot and cold with Ebay. After trading there since 2000 it is interesting to see the difference in how it is now compared to 10 years ago.

Originally there was no buy it now option, so all auctions, the listing fees were very significant, I used to list over 50 items which could only be run for 10 days at a time, each item was £1 per listing I seem to remember, we regularly spent £120+ per month, but did sell a fair amount.

Nowadays it is mainly Buy it now and we can list up to 200 items for £20 per month on Buy it Now, auctions cost us around 13p each. I think their take on what sells is higher, but makes for a more balanced fee in my opinion. The problem is we sell a lot less now, but that is partly explained by the kit I sell is less in demand, so not Ebay's fault.

My biggest issue with Ebay is finding something can be difficult sometimes. The main kit I look for at work is manufactured by Sun Microsystems, a search in Computers and for Sun reveals well in excess of 10,000 items, so no chance of viewing them all, just have to view recent listings. interestingly out of this lot only approx 200 are auctions, showing how the site has changed.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 12:00:48 AM »

The issue is eBay was originally based on casual sales of surplus items from the home or collectibles person to person on a usually friendly basis these days it is 100% business orientated and charges for casual sellers are ridiculous
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: