Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trevi For Sale On Car And Classic  (Read 5294 times)
Arthur Daley

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: January 04, 2015, 08:52:13 PM »

Hi Guys

Does anyone know of this car? Seems to have been for sale for ages....

Just I'm Lancia Less since selling my Beta Saloon just before Christmas....

Cheers
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:06:11 AM »

Is it the one in Northallerton? Owned by someone who works at Walkers?
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 08:44:15 AM »

Is it the one in Northallerton? Owned by someone who works at Walkers?

The only one on C & C site I can see is one in Italy.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C542939

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Arthur Daley

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 10:28:14 AM »

Hi yes it is in Northallerton....

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C371781

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
lanciaski

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »

in that colour with that interior matched to the style of the model.......i don't imagine they have formed a long queue for it-which is probably why its been for sale for so long?
Arthur Daley

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 03:26:55 PM »

Hm possibly. Colour doesn't bother me that much but I do see what you mean. People do tend to veer towards certain colours especially with classics.

Mind you I wouldn't have thought there would be much choice anymore with the Trevi being so rare!

I seem to remember this car appearing on a thread. Something was mentioned along the lines of it having incorrect doors? Might just be me getting mixed up though!

That interior looks like it would either be supremely comfortable or desperately uncomfortable!
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 03:52:10 PM »

Cheers

Hi

Ah, only did a search for Beta Trevi....

As it mentions in the blurb, there are very few around on the road in the UK, can think of Theo's but no others though I am sure you will correct me.

No input on this particular one, but does look tidy and looks to have carb engine which keeps it simpler than the i.e. versions to maintain.

I assume the Trevi is pretty much a 'marmite' car, with most folk not attracted to it hence the reason it takes a while to sell, especially if it is priced around the average Coupe pricing. Personally they do nothing for me, but find the colour combo quite acceptable on this one. Good to see some quirky seats again on a Beta as well..... I agree no idea if they would be comfortable.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 06:14:49 PM »

Cheers

I think that if you want a Trevi this is as good as it will get unless you buy a project, which will probably end up costing a lot more than this. I think he has been asking more in the past. If it is as said I don't think this is a bad starting price, subject to a bit of haggling.

To me the colour is fine. The Trevis look best in a light metallic colour.

Plus, you would probably make back £500 or more on the spares he is including, so long as they aren't all Trevi specific!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:18:50 PM by Neil-yaj396 » Logged
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »

I recall this car being on eBay years ago, then later appeared at crazy asking price and has stuck around for ages. I've never seen it in the metal but for what is big money Trevi wise I'd want a more accurate restoration in such things as not having series 2 beta Berlina doors and handles just makes me wonder what else isn't quite right? To be fair whoever restored it probably couldn't find the right doors at the time but they rather niggle me, the fact that the doors have been replaced indicates that quite extensive work has been carried out so I would want to inspect the whole car carefully.
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 12:59:03 AM »

I too remember the car advertised on eBay by, presumably, the previous owner. It wasn't a good advert with very few pictures and no photos of the interior or engine bay, just the car in what seemed like someone's back yard. The eBay advert run for a while and I think the price started at around £2500 and gradually reduced to £1500 but I could be wrong. The current 'Walkers' owner started advertising the car at £5995! It was also on the official Walkers website at that price and can still be seen advertised at that price here http://www.caricle.co.uk/detail/Used-1982-Lancia-Trevi/TJosPsJPSTPPxJsSsZs.html and also here http://www.vehicleon.net/for-sale/lancia-trevi. Over the last couple of years the price was being reduced to £4995, then £3995 and now £2995. I think the owner is keen to sell it now so the price may be negotiable.

This is a Series 1 Trevi (I don't think Series 2 Trevis were sold in the UK) which is effectively a Series 3 Beta Berlina with a boot. So the door handles are definitely wrong as they are Beta Berlina series 2 handles. Someone once told me that doors or door skins for Series 3 Beta Berlinas were never available in the UK (only 50 Series 3 Berlinas were sold in the UK; don't know how many Trevis but I suspect not many more) so at the very least the Trevi for sale had the door skins replaced. That plus the fact that the sills are body coloured makes me sure that the car has been repainted even though the seller claims it hasn't. Not that I think repainting is a bad thing and in fact the 'wrong' door handles wouldn't bother me at all. Most people don't know what a Trevi is let alone know what door handles it should have! The car does have the correct and very rare as well as very nice 'slotted' alloy wheels so that more than makes up for the wrong door handles in my mind  Wink.

I think you should be able to see many Trevi photos (almost all of them of mine) on the Facebook album I created at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.574522676000217.1073741828.574491006003384&type=3. Incidentally, my Trevi has the 'wrong' boot aluminium strip as it has "LANCIA β" on the left and "TREVI 2000" on the right. For the UK market the Trevi was sold as a model in its own right and "Beta" was never mentioned because of the rust scandal. So UK Trevis should have "LANCIA TREVI" on the left and "2000" on the right like so:

So with only about 4 Trevis in the UK with possibly just mine in regular use, if someone wants a RHD Trevi, then the one currently for sale is probably the only choice. Although I did see advertised an Italian registered RHD Trevi for sale in Italy about 3 years ago.

Incidentally, Trevi seats are supremely comfortable but they offer no lateral support at all. That's not a problem in my sedate auto Trevi and I simply waft along in my Trevi and rarely push it too hard round corners. I love my Trevi and all this talk of Trevis made me get the Trevi out of the garage and I'll use it to go to work tomorrow  Grin

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:13:53 AM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 08:49:38 AM »

The seller doesn't actually say that the car hasn't been resprayed, he says that it is good for a car that hasn't been painted for some time! Cleverly worded actually. It is cheap compared with this one

http://home.mobile.de/AUTO-LOPP#des_201380980

Although the above is very very nice indeed! Series two volumex surely the ultimate Trevi model I find it hard to see them making the asking price though! Does look brand new however
Arthur Daley

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 11:26:41 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys....

Theo....if your Trevi ever becomes available please let me know....especially with being an auto.

I'm going to forget about the Northallerton one as I'm not convinced TBH
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: