Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:25:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Euro spec vs. US spec front turn signal / parking lights  (Read 2616 times)
abgwin

United States United States

« on: October 17, 2014, 04:09:59 AM »

I really like the look of the euro spec front turn signal / parking light lenses with the clear inside section and amber outer lens.

Are there actually different bulbs and carrier for the euro spec or would the clear/amber lenses work with the US spec setup?
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 07:07:14 AM »

I think we would need a picture of the US spec lights before saying one way or another?
abgwin

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 04:07:29 PM »

The US spec are solid amber. We have just one bulb with twin filaments, one lights for parking and the other for turning.

Euro has a clear section, but my question is whether there are different bulbs for each section that light separately.

I'm also thinking the US ones are more square while the euro ones seem longer, more rectangular, but I could be mistaken about that.

US spec:

Also, an ebay auction showing them removed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-lancia-beta-spider-turn-signals-/301354576013?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item462a21e88d
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 05:58:18 PM »

Hi

Yes, completely different, the Euro ones have two separate bulb holders and are much wider units.

I am sure a few folk will have spares of these, I have some on a spare set of 'fenders' (bumpers) if you need them, but not sure if the lenses are cracked, and I am away for the next 3 weeks....

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
abgwin

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 06:13:12 PM »

Thanks for confirmation of my suspicion. I guess I'll have to be content with the US spec for now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: