Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:19:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil pressure light vs. oil pressure gauge  (Read 5112 times)
abgwin

United States United States

« on: September 29, 2014, 03:04:37 AM »

So I'm coming back from a club event - first outing was successful! - and though I've noticed the oil pressure warning light flicker at idle, it starts coming on, regardless of engine speed and even when the pressure gauge shows normal.

Should I worry about this?

Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 07:31:12 AM »

I'd replace the oil pressure warning sender. It is near but separate from the pressure gauge sender. There are usually plenty of them on ebay, unlike the gauge sender which is pretty rare.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 12:19:58 PM »

could be a rubbed wire shorting out on something
abgwin

United States United States

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 07:15:01 PM »

I'm finally getting around to dealing with this in the most passive aggressive way I can think of: by replacing the warning light sender. However, when trying to order this along with several other items I've been meaning to buy for awhile I'm faced with choosing between two senders.

One is a straightforward sender, which appears to match up with the lubrication diagram in the Haynes (Yes, I know - but it's the only one I can find)

The other has a 90 degree bend. Which I can't imagine would work, but then again...

The parts seller was not particularly helpful when asked which was appropriate for an 81 Beta: "Do you think I've memorized all 40 thousands parts we sell?"  Lips Sealed

The problem is that will all the fuel injection rigmarole in the way, I will have to do a lot of disassembly to lay eyes on it which I'd prefer not to do until I have the parts in hand, as I have to do several jobs all at once. Catch 22.

Can anyone say with reasonable confidence that the correct 2.0 oil pressure warning sender looks like this:

Many thanks for input -
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 09:01:48 PM »

This page may well help you...
https://353652584127257704.weebly.com/store/c5/Electrical.html

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 07:12:05 AM »

Not the best of pictures on the Betaboyz store site, but for what my opinion is worth I think the above will do the job. I'd still be tempted to change the pressure sender as well while you're down there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: