Lancia Beta Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:07:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which dates can you come on?
27th September
28th September
I can't make either and woudl like to propose another date (in a post below)
Both dates are fine for me

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: BetaMeeta 14 - September 27 or 28  (Read 43704 times)
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 11:31:10 AM »

Saturday 27th is looking like a winner Smiley

I'm not going to be able to do the weekend (Sat is OK and I may have a couple of hours to pop to Gaydon on Sunday) and given the limited interest for a whole weekend and significant time constraints, I'm going to propose a Saturday only meet and leave that anyone planning to come for this and LMC organise their own timings.

I'm more than happy to coordinate timings for Sunday and offer guidance on hotels but I'm sorry to say that I don;t have the time to devote to organisng this properly.

Unless anyone objects / has a better idea, I'm thinking something along the lines of:

11:30am to 1pm - meet at pub for general chat / meet up / lunch for those that want it

1:30pm - leave pub for a drive out.  I'm thinking a loop from the pub to stratford upon avon to evesham (ish) and then winding through the Cotswolds (via Chipping Campden) Shipston, Banbury, Gaydon and then back to pub / hotel?  Those wanting to leave on route can pick up the M5 (Evesham) or M40 (Banbury).  I'm sure there is a tea room / pub on the way we can invade.   

Need to get of my arse now and find some time to get my wheel bearing changed

Just checking if this is definitely a goer in this format before I book a hotel? 9 votes, so I'm taking those to be definite attenders?

Theo - any thoughts yet on where you might stay?
smithymc

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »

I'm still coming on the Saturday .

Mark
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »

beta mot time tomorrow, if all goes well would like to make this meet.

How did it go?
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 01:55:26 PM »

mot passed with no advisories (ohhhhhh yehhhhh) . looks like i,ll be attending
Hawk

England England

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 07:47:47 AM »

My diary is still free and I've swapped over my wheel bearing and sorted the brakes so game on Smiley
smithymc

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 01:22:48 PM »

Slight fly in ointment - just found out that I have a family function to get to for 4pm.

Means I miss  or may need to curtail drive out, but still intend to come along to meet up.

Mark
smithymc

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 01:30:58 PM »

In looking for a postcode, it seems that the Waterman is now the Hatton Arms as I read things.

Mark
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »

Sorry for the deathly silence from me guys but I was in Ireland on a Malin to Mizen (north to south) drive in the Fiat 131 to celebrate the 131's 40th anniversary  Cheesy 1686 miles of fun!  Grin http://www.131mirafiori.com/smf/index.php?topic=6719.0

And it now seems that the LMC Committee meeting will not be at Gaydon but at the Stratford Manor Hotel (Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 0PY) which is the proposed venue for next year's LMC AGM. It seems as I've volunteered to organise next year's LMC AGM and it was my suggestion to hold the Committee meetings at the venue so I'll need to be there on the Sunday. But I'll still be at wherever Betameeta will be on the Saturday 27th even if I can't promise I'll be in the Trevi  Embarrassed I haven't fixed the exhaust yet (hopefully doing that today) so might have to be the Gamma (or 131 or Alfa.... ).

Theo Kyriacou
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »

In looking for a postcode, it seems that the Waterman is now the Hatton Arms as I read things.

Mark

Just so I'm clear (easily confused at my age...  Undecided) are we not talking about meeting 11:30-ish a.m. on Saturday 27th September at:

The Waterman Country Pub & Restaurant, Birmingham Road, Hatton, Warwick CV35 7JJ

Should we have another count of attendees and book a table for lunch?

Theo Kyriacou
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 11:59:35 AM »

Mark

Just so I'm clear (easily confused at my age...  Undecided) are we not talking about meeting 11:30-ish a.m. on Saturday 27th September at:

The Waterman Country Pub & Restaurant, Birmingham Road, Hatton, Warwick CV35 7JJ

Should we have another count of attendees and book a table for lunch?

OK, seems Mark is right and it's now called the Hatton Arms.

Theo Kyriacou
DARREN BETA. SPYDER

beta spyder

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 04:43:37 PM »

wifey coming with me going to make weekend of it  ,got room booked 0.5 miles away from hatton arms ,staying at falcon inn in hatton   , seems reasonable at £55 a night . fingers crossed i can get crankshaft sensor before then ?
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »

Not sure at the moment if I'll make it or not going through another lack of enthusiasm crisis and have got a bit stuck due to a lack of skills on the engine assembly front.....Golden rule never get over ambitious with a rebuild!
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »

wifey coming with me going to make weekend of it  ,got room booked 0.5 miles away from hatton arms ,staying at falcon inn in hatton   , seems reasonable at £55 a night . fingers crossed i can get crankshaft sensor before then ?

Still trying to convice wifey to join me. Problem is she'll have to drink a lot of coffee and read a big book while I'm at the LMC Committee meeting on Sunday  Undecided

Presumably the Falcon Inn at Hatton is http://thefalconathatton.com/hotel/? That's showing as fully booked now  Embarrassed but I'm sure I can find something else local  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2014, 10:53:39 AM »

Guys

Have a great time unfortunately I will be in Italy on those dates.

Cheers

Eric
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2014, 11:12:47 AM »

Trevi exhaust flange gasket replaced (2 broken studs bodged but hopefully will last) front disks to be replaced today so should be ready for MOT test next week and (hopefully) ready for the 27th  Cheesy Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2014, 10:22:44 PM »

Front disks and pads changed so tomorrow I'll call and book an MOT Test for next Friday  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
betabuoy

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2014, 10:25:58 PM »

I'm trying to deconflict a few other challenges but keen to put some faces to names and see some other Betas if I can.

My rebuilt (for the second time) coupe is up for the 180 miles each way from North Yorkshire but for me - at best - it'll be a day trip with a lunch stop on Saturday only.

Is anyone else heading South on the Saturday morning? If so, Wetherby Services at 0930 would be an obvious meeting point.

Chris

1979 Beta Coupe S2FL (1st registered May 1983!)
1967 Morris Minor Traveller
1925 Austin 7 Chummy
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2014, 11:02:38 PM »

Front disks and pads changed so tomorrow I'll call and book an MOT Test for next Friday  Cheesy

MOT test booked for 10:15am on Friday 19th....  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 05:42:59 AM »

I'm trying to deconflict a few other challenges but keen to put some faces to names and see some other Betas if I can.

My rebuilt (for the second time) coupe is up for the 180 miles each way from North Yorkshire but for me - at best - it'll be a day trip with a lunch stop on Saturday only.

Is anyone else heading South on the Saturday morning? If so, Wetherby Services at 0930 would be an obvious meeting point.

Chris

Yes I'm heading South on Saturday. Wetherby is North of me though. How about Woolly Edge (Wakefield)?
betabuoy

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 08:29:51 AM »

.  Yes I'm heading South on Saturday. Wetherby is North of me though. How about Woolly Edge (Wakefield)? 
Good plan Neil. Suggest 0930hrs. I've PM'd you my mob for detail nearer the time.
Chris

1979 Beta Coupe S2FL (1st registered May 1983!)
1967 Morris Minor Traveller
1925 Austin 7 Chummy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: