Lancia Beta Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:26:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Value for money?  (Read 1709 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: June 02, 2014, 10:11:39 AM »

Included in the ever growing parts list for my spider project are window regulators.
I've found NOS items in the USA for the equivalent of approx. €70 each and shipping would be approx. €16 as I have a sister in law living there who is coming on holiday to us in July and would accept delivery to her home and then pack them in her luggage for me.
Worth the money or not?
I have a sort of passion for fitting new parts when available to me so I'm sort of already biased towards them but I can be swayed by commonsense on occasion!

Rust never sleeps
smithymc

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:50:20 PM »

I had the same dilemma and took the plunge, so I ended up paying rather more with the tax and handling fee - the fact that it turned out to be for the wrong side isn't worth mentioning!

My drivers side is barely useable, which is a pain- again down to years of inactivity I fear.

Happily Neil of this parish needs the one I have, so all not lost and I have found another NOS stock one for the correct door in the UK, but no less expensive.

Mark
droptop

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:00:17 PM »

As I need both, I can't screw it up unless I forget to specify one of each!
The problem with buying from the outside the UK and Ireland. is that we forget their passenger side is our driver side and that's where a lot of errors spring from when it comes to "handed" parts.
A friend of mine bought bargain headlamp units-For a LHD car.
That spoiled his MOT results.

Rust never sleeps
smithymc

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 08:10:57 PM »

I wouldn't have minded if we hadn't gone through the 'which side is the right-side' thing over the phone first! I forgot to add that call to the bill too.

Mark
droptop

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:27:33 AM »

I wouldn't have minded if we hadn't gone through the 'which side is the right-side' thing over the phone first! I forgot to add that call to the bill too.

Mark

Smile, nod and add it next time!

Rust never sleeps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: