Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:26:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know this car?  (Read 3825 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: May 29, 2014, 11:26:59 AM »

Hi folks.
I finally got the original UK reg of the 1979 facelift spider I bought earlier this year and am curious if it was known to anyone here.
The reg is CDL 969 V.
Any information/history would be welcome.
Thanks

Rust never sleeps
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 12:18:10 PM »

Hi

No personal info, but DVLA says

The vehicle details for CDL 969V are:
Date of Liability   16 02 2009
Date of First Registration   14 09 1979
Year of Manufacture   1979
Cylinder Capacity (cc)   1995cc
CO₂ Emissions   Not Available
Fuel Type   PETROL
Export Marker   Y
Vehicle Status   Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour   RED
Vehicle Type Approval   Not Available

So definitely exported at some point, presumably around 2009

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »

You can always apply to the DVLA for the car's history, which is pretty cheap (around £10 from memory) and gives you the owner history.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
droptop

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »

Thanks for that.
It's definately exported as it's here in Ireland and re-registered on Irish plates since 2012.
It was supposed to have a folder full of history which at the time of purchase I hadn't seen , but nothing materialised except the registration doccuments.
I'm only interested in its' past history as a matter of curiosity but I'll check out the DVLA and see what the process is and whether they will pass such information on to anyone outside the UK.

Rust never sleeps
cheeky monkey

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 02:54:48 PM »

I think you can get the pre-export MOT history from DVLA site too if you have the V5 number.

Graham

1979 beta coupe 1300
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 03:52:17 PM »

Thanks for that.
It's definately exported as it's here in Ireland and re-registered on Irish plates since 2012.
It was supposed to have a folder full of history which at the time of purchase I hadn't seen , but nothing materialised except the registration doccuments.
I'm only interested in its' past history as a matter of curiosity but I'll check out the DVLA and see what the process is and whether they will pass such information on to anyone outside the UK.

Hi

If you need someone in the Uk to apply, happy to do it on your behalf, though not sure if it needs to be a current or previous owner who applies. This is the form I used.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_065303.pdf

Took a couple of months for the reply from memory and had all the previous owners.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
droptop

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 08:48:14 AM »

Thanks for that.

Hi

If you need someone in the Uk to apply, happy to do it on your behalf, though not sure if it needs to be a current or previous owner who applies. This is the form I used.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_065303.pdf

Took a couple of months for the reply from memory and had all the previous owners.

Peter

Thanks Peter.
If I need the V5 then it's a non runner as that would have been surrendered to the authorities here to procure the Irish registration without which I couldn't insure the car.
Mind you, there are a startling number of classic and vintage cars here still on UK plates which makes me think they are all uninsured as there's no legal way around it.
Seems we have an infestation of "Old Boy" racers in Jags and MG's instead of Civics.
Wow, do I get sidetracked or what?

Rust never sleeps
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »

Hi

Try asking on the LMC site, you might find there is a record of it there or someone remembers a member who had it?

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »

It isn't one of the 79 Betas on the LMC Database.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 07:05:29 PM »

It isn't one of the 79 Betas on the LMC Database.

Hi Neil

Is the database only from when it started a few years ago or did it have historical info added when it was created?

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »

79 betas doesn't seem much of a record at all, surely there must be records of far more than that within the LMC registers of old?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: