Lancia Beta Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:12:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: engine for a spider  (Read 5303 times)
insayner

« on: February 10, 2009, 09:01:11 PM »

hi all at betaboyz. need a new engine for my spider.tryed ebay with no luck found a engine to find some one had rehorn the bores 3&4 was no good .tried finding oversize pistons no luck.i no a rebore and new piston wound be better. try to find the cheapest way to go any help most great full steve.
Oldbones

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:37:25 PM »

have you seen item 270341300181 on ebay

cheers

Oldbones
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:49:53 PM »

BTW you can buy oversize pistons from Bayless in the US  http://www.baylessfiat.com/

That's what I've got in my Spyder.

Stuart
insayner

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »

thanks for that look at bayless great found some pistons but with the pound saw weak cost with shipping will be very costly.steve
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 10:01:39 PM »

$84.40 was what he charged me for a huge parcel of bits.

Even though they're cheap cars to buy you can't rebuild a Beta on an shoestring. You said an electric fuel pump was too expensive - now shipping is too expensive ?? Both are a lot cheaper than trying to make twin 40s work on a VX engine !

You want a decent bottom end that's going to last,  you might get lucky on Ebay but a more reliable route is to acknowledge that a few hundred quid will mean you don't worry about it for many years.

Stuart

insayner

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 01:26:29 PM »

thanks for the reply stuart i no you are right i could keep buy engines that are no good but money is a bit tight at the moment   Sad she will have to sit in the garage in till things improve. or i could sell my wife and kids  Roll Eyes i wish.                                                                                                                           steve.
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »

What happened to the old engine ? - I it looked to be running pretty well in the pictures from Santa Pod.
insayner

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 11:15:01 AM »

found low compression on no 3 cylinder it was corrode has if it had standing water in the cylinder looks like it has been like that for a long time.1.2.4.cylinders was carrying no3 cylinder.she run really well considering.i bet power was a bit down did have a 2l coupe about 10 years ago saw i wound not remember the difference in the power.by the way it was great fun  Smiley at santa pod just hope more betas go this year it was a bit billy no mates last year. Embarrassed                                                                                                              steve.
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 02:14:20 PM »

I suppose if you're giving it a bit of sitck the low compression doesn't matter so much as the gasses don't have time to escape.

I might be pesuaded to turn up to Santa Pod  - it depends on where the car is and how many panels are attached ! What month is it or was it just a run what you brung ?
insayner

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 09:28:29 PM »

retro show is sunday 12 july 2009 and yes you can drag what you bring.last year weather was great but the rest off the country it was really heavy rain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: