Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good morning and hello  (Read 4178 times)
lanciaski

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: April 24, 2014, 08:24:17 AM »

Hi, just joined the forum and hoping i can find myself a Lancia to own. My father had a couple when i was younger- a Beta and an HPE volumex. I would like an HPE vx supercharged to use as a practical classic. i have very fond memories of driving dads when i was seventeen...... i do realise that the pool must be small but i have been looking for a year now to no avail. Just sold a three door saab turbo which i used as my daily driver and to transport my dogs to the park in and the hatch of the HPE will offer similar practicality whilst being a lovely car to take to classic shows.
No stranger to italian cars having owned a couple of alfas and a couple of fiats too. currently we own a fiat 500 -modern one- in the fleet.  i live just outside of leicester, thanks,john.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »

Hi John and welcome to the forum.

Your right in saying the pool is much reduced by way of available HPE VX's, but they do come up. It's likely that you'll need to do some work on it unless your prepared to pay top money for a really good example.

There are plenty of forum members that keep their eyes peeled for cars and they will post what they have found on here so it's worth checking back frequently.  Maybe post what your looking for in the Cars Wanted section, state budget, condition, preferred colour & distance your willing to travel, just bear in mind you'd be a lucky chap if you found one on your doorstep! So be prepared to travel a bit.

Good luck in your search!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
lanciaski

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »

hi, thanks for the reply. i am under no illusions as to availability of the car i want. i have done a rebuild on a saab and spent hours of my life fixing old cars but these days I'm too old,too time poor and not in the best of health for lying beneath cars anymore. i have driven hundreds of miles-indeed caught ferries and flown to buy the right car in the past. i would like a good condition car with no more than basic maintenance required. i would pay a premium for a mint vx with all work done to it already.  current daily drive is a porsche 911 carrera 4 16 years old and 200,000 miles on the clock.....im just off out to replace a coolant pipe on that!  its about as hands on as i get these days.  john.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:53:38 AM »

Sounds like you have a realistic approach!!  I'm sure something will come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
anotherdeadhero

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 05:15:45 PM »

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C479926

Its a 2000 i.e. rather than a volumex, but it sounds pretty tidy and was still for sale back in March while I was looking around. I have the chap's email address if you want it.
lanciaski

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »

thanks for the link. i did see it when it was first listed. i would probably be happy with a well specced black HPE but i really want a supercharged model. i have owned pretty much every cylinder number and configuration of pistons except v12 ond v10 and never yet owned a supercharged car. all manner of turbocharged cars have passed through my hands including a renault 11 turbo back in the eighties which ignited my love of forced induction and hot 80s hatches. i would be a happy owner of an integrale i think but they are not supercharged or indeed practical enough for my needs and i already have a very quick car.....  the itch for the vx has been with me two or three years now. I'm sure one is out there somewhere.
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »

including a renault 11 turbo back in the eighties

I've fond memories of a pair of those. One called Arkwright.....
lanciaski

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 07:08:41 PM »

mine had a huge double deck rubber spoiler across the rear window ran low profile ludicrously wide arches and tyres and was very very fast. its a wonder i lived through it.....faster than dads vx hpe and that was quick in its day too.  i probably couldn't get my fat rear end into the seats these days! was a lot of fun though.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 12:07:36 AM »

. i would probably be happy with a well specced black HPE but i really want a supercharged model.
I only ever recall seeing one UK HPE in black and that was a vx which has long since been scrapped, most vx ones seem to be red, white or silver.
lanciaski

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 08:22:04 AM »

I'm realistic enough to realise that it will,be the car condition that is paramount. I can learn to live with the colour whatever it is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: