Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:47:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sypder for sale - Paulb1 in gallery pics  (Read 3938 times)
paulb1

« on: April 05, 2014, 11:43:59 AM »

Hi folks

Circumstances have called time on my ownership of my beloved spyder (room required for other halfs stuff/junk etc). I ve had it since 2005 (bought it from David Baker in Nantwich). Last bills were £950 for welding (underneath is now as good as the body) and £280 to have the front brakes refurbished and re fitted +had a brilliant paint job done to passenger side and door jams last summer. Drives brilliantly. What do you think I should ask for it (its got 114k on it and I ve got bills /MOTs etc going back to 1998 I ll put a new MOT on it for the sale)?   
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 02:59:35 PM »

In that condition I think I'd be trying to get £4k for it - especially at this time of year. One from a dealer in that condition would be £5k I'd have thought
Ammy

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »

Agreed ! ! !
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 10:28:26 PM »

If I was buying around £2k, but seriously looks very nice so agree at £4k if I was selling, maybe £4.5k. If it was LHD I suspect somewhat more if sold in Europe....

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Hawk

England England

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »

Wow, as much as that?

looks nice but i just don't see a Spyder selling for anything north of 3,500 (although it woudl be good as mine now looks a lot like that Smiley)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 01:01:12 PM »

Dealers have had them at £4k plus for a while now.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 01:26:24 PM »

Wow, as much as that?

looks nice but i just don't see a Spyder selling for anything north of 3,500 (although it woudl be good as mine now looks a lot like that Smiley)

If I remember correctly there was a fairly ratty one sold at the NEC a year last December for well over £4k, admittedly it was LHD, but not in as good condition from the photos albeit a pre f/l. I do agree that with Fulvias being £5K upwards for reasonable examples, then Spyders will not reach that pricing, but you only have to look at what people like Richard Thorne are selling them for as a good yardstick.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Tamburini

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 08:22:35 PM »

Richard Thorne had a couple on for £4,500: a white '70s one - which looked good and which I think was bought by someone who has subsequently posted on the forum - and a black '80s one, which also looked to be in good condition.  They both seem to have gone relatively quickly. 

Spiders - and Betas generally - seem to be more highly prized on the continent than here in the UK.  Which is good for people who want affordable rarity!

I think the red example Paulb1 has for sale looks great, and I'm sure will be snapped up for the summer.
alcarr

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 11:14:02 PM »

As a "virgin" in matters Beta Spiders I can only speak as I find namely they are a bargain at 4K, compare them to sports cars of today and thanks to insulating the passenger from the road the modern version does not compare you can hardly see the driver, the spider is a joy and anyone in their right mind will snap it up the pictures do it proud. A shame you have to sell but the best of luck in getting your asking price.

Regards Alan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: