Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:45:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi di hi all  (Read 3585 times)
anotherdeadhero

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: April 04, 2014, 03:39:35 PM »

*waves*

Just bought myself a Beta Volumex Coupe.

I know very little about cars (so I am going to have to learn FAST!), but as a rally navigator I do know a lot of people who know what they're doing.

The Volumex seems to be pretty solid mechanically, but she is going to need a lot of time and money spent getting the cosmetics sorted out.

First jobs are new tyres and all new belts under the bonnet (cam belt was last done 10 years ago, albeit only 160 miles on it, it has to be pretty brittle by now). I've just changed the oil (the Tech thread on oil below was very reassuring) and she is going to need a few bits doing for the MOT which is due next month.

Plan is to drive it around for the summer, then it is off down to one of my drivers (who restores cars part time, in between building our competition vehicles) to have all the rot chopped out, welded, flatted, skimmed and resprayed.

I know of Alfanet Bristol in Easton, anyone know of any other Lancia-freindly garages in the Bristol area?

Cheers

Andy

That is the plan anyway. The Fiance might throttle me when she gets home tomorrow.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:14:45 PM by anotherdeadhero » Logged
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:13:14 PM »

Is that the one that was on eBay? They are great to drive once sorted (although mine has been off the road for 12 years now.....my lack of time/ laziness being the main cause!). When you do the belts you must do the tensioners as well, the cam belt tensioner takes a standard size bearing that is readily available from bearing factors and the supercharger belt tensioner also fits some old fiat diesel if you search thus site you should find the details. The supercharger belt fits a fiat diesel too so don't pay exotic prices!
mtulloch

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

I think the belts & tensioners are from Fiat Regatta diesels.
mtulloch

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 11:03:45 PM »

Check this out http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1844.0
anotherdeadhero

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »

Is that the one that was on eBay? They are great to drive once sorted (although mine has been off the road for 12 years now.....my lack of time/ laziness being the main cause!). When you do the belts you must do the tensioners as well, the cam belt tensioner takes a standard size bearing that is readily available from bearing factors and the supercharger belt tensioner also fits some old fiat diesel if you search thus site you should find the details. The supercharger belt fits a fiat diesel too so don't pay exotic prices!

Yes, yes it was. It never reached the reserve, the highest bidder made an offer, but never came to collect. I was second highest bidder, so a mate and I went to collect.

Much more cosmetically than I want to be doing, but it'll be a lovely car once sorted.

Fiance isn't currently speaking to me  Lips Sealed

Fab! Thank you.
Hawk

England England

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »

Welcome.  And get used to pissing off your other half - either by spending time or money on the Lancia Wink
mtulloch

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 08:34:55 PM »

Fiance isn't currently speaking to me  Lips Sealed

Don't worry about that, just remind her that there are more potential fiancé's than VX coupes!
anotherdeadhero

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 12:20:20 PM »

Out for a quick spin in the last of the sunshine yesterday evening. A quick pint and some winding B roads home again.

Fiance says she 'quite likes' the Lancia now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: