Lancia Beta Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:12:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First day out of the year ....  (Read 1508 times)
Hawk

England England

« on: March 17, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »

I am lucky enough to be able to store my Spyder in a factory unit over the winter (leaving me space in the garage to play with my motorbikes) and it has been there since just before Christmas.

Decided as the sun was out over the weekend to fire her up - battery in, a pump of the accelerator and she started first time.  Had a nice run with the hood down and got plenty of admiring looks.

Ran perfectly but I developed a problem with the wipers - they worked fine one minute to clear teh screen and then just stopped completely.  Beer and BBQ got in the way of any exploratory work but hope it is just a loose connection.

droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »

Brought mine out on Saturday for a thrash, I mean run, and the fuel pump gasket developed a leak and covered the distributor cap and surrounding area in oil!

Regarding your wipers, remove and clean the ends of every fuse and the corrosponding points where they sit in the fusebox.
I had a problem with my lights last year and when I fiddled about with the fuses, I got sparks and a burned finger tip due to high resistance connections so every year at the start of the season, I remove and clean all the fuses and their contacts with a dremel and small brass wire brush (Eye protection is a must with these things as with all rotating power tools but you can overlook the hazzards of something as seemingly harmless as a Dremel but at 16000 RPM those little brass wires can travel-I have the little scar in the white of one eye to prove it!)

I wonder would a little tiny smear of conductive copper grease over the tops of the fuse ends help?

Rust never sleeps
Hawk

England England

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 12:35:04 PM »

A good look at the wiring is on my to do list

Good tip re cleaning the contcats with a dremmel - thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: