Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:29:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety (roll) cage  (Read 3396 times)
Dexter

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: February 05, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »

Evening ladies and gents,

Does any body have a safety cage fitted to their coupe?? Half cage or full and what spec/type seamless tube?? If so who fabricated it and can you supply contact details. Cheers.

It's a world Beta............
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 08:21:42 PM »

I used to have a VX Coupe that I used for grass-tracking.  That had a full cage in it made by Safety Devices.  Not sure if they still sell them now though. Good quality cage it was too, I was T-boned and the cage paid for itself.  It was seamless tube construction and strengthening plates welded to chassis then cage bolted to plates.

A Pillar, B Pillar and a support that triangulated off the top of the B pillar down to the rear arch.  Had the option of fitting door bars too.

Only Pics I have of that car & the cage are prints rather than digital images and I don't have a scanner :-(

www.safetydevices.com

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
betabuoy

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »

I looked into this a couple of years ago for my project car.  The quote from Safety Devices was about £1800 and Custom Cages (through Demon Tweeks) were about half that.  The problem was that nobody had a pattern so the cage would need to be custom built. 

1979 Beta Coupe S2FL (1st registered May 1983!)
1967 Morris Minor Traveller
1925 Austin 7 Chummy
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 10:59:33 AM »

I was recommended to a person down in devon/cornwall, i believe he's a one man band, thats done work to my friends 205 track car and has done a few of the cars running in the castle combe saloons, and he does a very good job Smiley.
He gave me a quote of around £900 to create and fit a custom 6 point cage in my HPE.
"This would be based on a 6 point weld in picking up on the top of the rear turrets, with a criss cross diagonal and triangulating back into the door bars, I have also included a tunnel brace, and plating to the shell where possible."
He's also got a soft spot for lancia's as he worked in a dealership in Italy. Give me a message/email if you want his email address.

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: