Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:00:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Visiting London very soon... UPDATE: now Northampton!  (Read 2773 times)
abgwin

United States United States

« on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:52 PM »

Work is sending me to London March 9 - 14 for a trade show. I won't have a lot of time on my own, but will make time if I have good reason.

Are there any bookshops or parts shops where I can find a shop manual or browse parts?

I am negotiating right now on an 81 Beta coupe and there are a few things I'll need right away, but the manual is probably the greatest need.

I'll be staying in central London, at the Hilton Waldorf Aldwych.

Any suggestions or thoughts welcome!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:14:30 PM by abgwin » Logged
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »

Not sure about browsing parts I think you'd need to be in Italy to manage that! With regard to manuals you would probably be better off browsing eBay, ideally you need the large workshop manual which covers the first series cars and then additionally the technical data book and the relevant North American market manual update for the year of car you've bought. Unfortunately I am too far away from London or you would be welcome to visit and look at my collection of beta stuff.

Alan
abgwin

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:47:02 PM »

Thanks for the response.

I was hoping to find a used bookstore that caters to automotive interests, but the only ones that Google tells me about seem to be more about trains and planes.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 09:26:26 AM »

There used to be some in London not sure what's still there maybe someone local will contribute some suggestions?

Depending how technical you want to get but even if you don't want to work on an engine at such a level of detail you might find guy crofts latest book of interest
http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3156

« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:34:08 AM by rossocorsa » Logged
abgwin

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »

So now I'll be visiting a customer in Northampton Aug 9 - 14. I have the weekend (9th & 10th) free, so wondering if there's anything doing in the area, especially Lancia and/or interesting car-related events.
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 07:22:46 PM »

If you're into classic minis there will be hundreds at Santa Pod drag strip which is not far.  Prescott Hillclimb has a classic event on that weekend - a bit further away but do-able. You could also try the BRSCC races at Silverstone.

EDIT - Or move the visit back by a week and come here http://www.rockinghamcastle.com/128/Midlands_Italian_Car_Day/
abgwin

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »

Isn't that typical... these last minute trips make me crazy, as I always seem to just miss great events!

Rockingham Castle looks fantastic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: