Lancia Beta Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:00:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this expensive or not?  (Read 2399 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: January 04, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »

This caught my eye this morning whilst "window shopping" and personally, I'd buy it as I love the HPE.
There seems to be a vast amount done to it and I doubt you would get a project to that standard for that money but would it be worth it?
I'd see it as a long term "keeper" and worth having and I'm curious about the views of the good people here, especially HPE owners and potential buyers/sellers
http://www.oldtimerland.nl/occasions/item/162-lancia-h-p-executive-2-0-volumex-1984
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:28:10 PM by droptop » Logged

Rust never sleeps
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 09:56:25 PM »

I see it is now sold so no idea about the price, can't imagine why the blower has been painted very odd and probably ill advised. Pricing a good vx either coupe or hpe is very difficult as truly good cars turn up extremely rarely, I believe that the last REALLY good but not perfect coupes sold in the UK made around the £6k mark but that was a couple of years back, scrap/project cars seem to make £1 to 2 k and sound cars needing work around £3.5 to 4.5. HPE usually seem to make a bit less than coupés shame as in many ways they are equity as nice and in some ways rather more clever in design.
droptop

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »

It ws priced at €8750 and maybe the painting of the 'charger was one of those cheap performance upgrades as discussed here previously.
I imagine a project VX would be a blank cheque.
A friend of mine bought a very tidy VX coupe a couple of years ago and the amount he's had to do to it is off putting to say the least.
I'd love one though

Rust never sleeps
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 11:02:32 AM »

Don't I know about rebuilding vx! Because of lack of funds I am going very slooooowly not sure about actual costs never added it all up but it takes a lot of time on eBay to find all the bits, I think I now have everything .....except for any money for a bare metal respray ...... Really need to get it finished but inspiration running a bit dry at times!
If it was really good I suppose the asking price wasn't too far out no doubt it sold for a bit less? There are ,or were, a couple of lhd coupes in Europe for sale for similar but slightly less that seem in equivalent condition.
droptop

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 04:17:36 PM »

It can be hard to maintain inspiration and momentum.
I'm currently stalled on one project as I'm unsure how to proceed or what level to take it to and I've hopefully got my series 2 spider coming next month and like a dog chasing a car, now I've caught it, I don't know what to do with it! Huh?
There's nothing major needing to be done, but I have still to create sufficient space in the workshop for it alongside my original spider and the Golf GTI cab.
You just can't bring a convertible home and park it outside.
You'd be better off tearing the money up and saving yourself some bother!

Rust never sleeps
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

Re:
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 04:27:03 PM »

Nothing major but of course it soon snow balls! Good luck with the spider wish I had cash and room for one.
droptop

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »

My (current) intention is to get it sorted in all the usual areas along with whatever else rears its ugly head and to enjoy it while I'm fiddling about with my original one then I propose swaping it for a coupe or HPE of similar quality and value in a year or two if I can find an interested party as I'd love a tin top and one spider is enough to mind.

Rust never sleeps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: