Lancia Beta Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:24:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone here bought the white Spyder off Ebay recently?  (Read 1958 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« on: October 05, 2013, 11:59:43 PM »

Hi All

Did anyone here buy that very rusty looking White Pre f/l Spyder which was in Bedale?

If so could you get in touch as there area couple of parts I am after if you are buying it for spares.

Thanks

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
thatwelshchap

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »

I bought the silver one from Windsor, its rusty as hell and no where near as good as seller said. It might be able to go back on the road but only on a trailer. There must be at least 2 over sills welded over the rotten bits.
But I wanted the parts anyway so now won't feel guilty when its dismantled.
What do you need? I'm intending to take off panels as whole pieces and keep the good bits. My spider doesn't need much metal so would consider cutting up pieces to order.
If this is the wrong part of the forum to discuss then I apologise.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 05:51:57 PM »

I bought the silver one from Windsor, its rusty as hell and no where near as good as seller said. It might be able to go back on the road but only on a trailer. There must be at least 2 over sills welded over the rotten bits.
But I wanted the parts anyway so now won't feel guilty when its dismantled.
What do you need? I'm intending to take off panels as whole pieces and keep the good bits. My spider doesn't need much metal so would consider cutting up pieces to order.
If this is the wrong part of the forum to discuss then I apologise.

Hi

Well it is general discussion, so should not be a problem I guess.

The vendor replied that the new owner was going to put back on the road, but just from the pictures, that would be a tall order, but you never know I guess.

My main reason for going for it was the rear lights which are the very early version with the small reflector set into them, rather than the larger one on what I think is all later 77 and up cars. This car had both in good condition with the looks of it. There was also lights sold recently as a pair, though odd pair, but that one had a crack in it.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
thatwelshchap

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 12:20:50 PM »

The one I bought is a 78, not an 80. I'm afraid I'm keeping the rear lights, one has a crack anyway.
I'm going to covert my black wing mirrors to chrome using the mirrors and glass from this 78. Also the roof is usable so I can take the spider out in the rain for a change.
My 79 has only 29k on the clock but trim etc haven't been looked after.
The body work has very few good bits and the 2500 pounds of welding over the years must have been bodged as its very poor. I have all the receipts and the previous owner seemed to have been fighting a losing battle with rust and bodge restorers in the 80s and 90s.
Going to start breaking it soon,
Alex
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: